Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a xbox to a network

Options
  • 13-05-2007 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi there - need a little help with a network issue

Have 3 pcs and a router all networked up together on a workgroup all fine

I also have an xbox connected to a htpc one of the above pcs through a network card - the HTPC is connected to the network wirelessly -

All have fixed ip addresses the xbox is connected to the htpc through another ip address - I can only see shared folders on the htpc on the xbox - what i want to do is see the entire network - which i cant at the moment

Now I know if i connect the xbox to the router directly with some cable i can see it - but that would be messy but is there any way with the set up at the moment to see my network on the xbox or am I asking too much
    The htpc is connected to the xbox with a crossover cable
    I am looking at wireless cards for the xbox at the moment which could solve the problem - but is there a smarter way

Any help would be welcome !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Bridge the two cards is the answer - by george i think ive got it !

Advertisement