Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon A700 LCD screen part

Options
  • 13-05-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Hi. I broke my lcd screen ages ago on my Canon Powershot A700. The camera works perfect without it.

I need to find a new screen. I can replace it myself i just need to source the part.

I found one slightly dodgy looking USA site that supplies them but their shopping cart is broken so ive e-mailed them to find out what the problem is.

They are charging $55 ex.postage

Anyone know where else i can get the part. Or anyone have a truly broken A700 that the screen still works on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

anyone have an info?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

same boat, ixus i tho
    just keep checking ebay
    it'll pop up eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

I also have a Canon A70. The LCD screen went about a year ago. It was a quality issue that was reported on the Canon website. I rang Canon (based in Sandyford or Leopardstown I think) and they told me to send in the camera.

They returned the camera, fully cleaned internally, and with a new screen. All for free.

So, I suggest you give Canon a call and see what they say to you.

Best of luck.

William

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Just as well the A700 has a viewfinder :)

It looks like the screen on that is the same as (or similar to) the one on the A710 IS (which I picked up recently) - I hope this problem has been fixed!

On a more on-topic note, $55 is actually pretty decent for an application-specific screen, even if it is only 2.5" across. You're almost certainly paying for the fact that it has limited usefulness to the world at large (say, that it only fits certain Canon cameras) so it costs them money to stock it compared to something more common and more popular.

Oh, and william - is that an A70 or an A700 you have? And if it's an A70, is that another 2.5" LCD?

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Well canon wont be fixing mine for free cause i dropped my camera and cracked the screen.

The company that had the $55 screens are not responding to my e-mails so im assuming that are no longer operational.

Ill contact canon and see how much it costs for them to fix it,

• Advertisement
Advertisement