Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap hairdressers in dublin?

• 13-05-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

hey guys

i need to get a trim (just and inch or so) and a wash and blow dry and well, the thought of paying €60 in my local hairdressers (all three places charge the same! :( ) is too much. any ideas of a hairdressers in town that would be a good bit cheaper i.e. round the €30 mark? I don't mind going to one of the training places but i don't want a restyle just a trim so i'm worried they'll just do what they feel like trying out and mess me up lol! can you just go to these places (e.g. david marshall school of hairdressing/robert chambers etc.) for a trim or does it have to be a restyle??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

the place in the gpo is forever needing models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I was wondering this too... anyone have any more ideas?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

artnotort wrote:
    the place in the gpo is forever needing models.

I've been going there myself for a while. It's pretty good. A full head of highlights and a cut was only 120 and thats with a stylist!!
    Cut and blowdry shoudl be around 30, probably cheaper if you're getting it doen by a trainee.
    There's also another place at the top of harcourt st (opposite the bleeding horse) that need models and i think it's about a tenner for a cut and blowdry. Don't know if they're any good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

By the way, not all trainees will want to experiment. Generally, cutting skills are learnt in stages, the first being a trim on long hair, after that they learn how to cut layers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

Ok theres a chinese hairdressers in talbot street, very very cheap- only something like €15 for a trim, theyre really really good but just make sure u tell them you only want a trim.

Theyre a couple of doors down from the irish life mall upstairs to a brik a brak shop. Sounds dodgy but theyre really proffessional, have all lastest technology and these lovely bed thingys you lie on when theyre washing your hair (head massage included). I didnt need to make an appointment either. Be warned tho the music they play is horrendus... a half an hour of whitney housten was hell but for €15 I couldnt complain!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lawl

guys robert chambers on grafton street is great,ive gone loads of times,not for a re-style just a trim and thats exactly what they did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Where is this GPO place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

how much would highlights be in robert chambers ive been looking everywer for cheap highlights but everywhere seems to be a rip off and im considering going as a model now in somewhere like robert chambers and how long does it take as a model

Advertisement