Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vrt exemption

Options
  • 13-05-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me here?

I have lived in ireland for 3 years and have a british plate car that i have owned for nearly 2 years.I have a house back home and still have a bank account there and car insuance.The bank is only used to pay for my car insurance and i dont know if this is enough to keep the revenue happy.I dont have any bills in my name cause i sold the house to my parents as part of another dodge against the government and they had to put the bills in there name but the house is in our 3 names,another government dodge (complicated eh lol).

I take the car home for its annual mot and have all the recipts where the car is concerned.

Could i get away with saying that i lived with my parents hence the no bills in my name but produce bills with there name on them, and say that i was working but getting paid by cash and wasnt putting it in the bank apart from the insurance for my car?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

probably not .. as has been mentioned here on numerous time (use search) .. the regulations are fairly concrete and it is up to you to provide proof .. unless it is concrete they won't believe it.

If you are not entitled to have VRT exemption you must pay the loot

Advertisement