Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What connection to hdtv?

• 13-05-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Just picking up a lg 37lc3r hdtv and have a few questions because all of this is new to me and I haven't been following it. I have the 360 premium console..what connector is this? I think its componant but what eactly does this mean? Is a hdmi cable better than this for the 360? I'm confused

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

xbox doesn't support hdmi (current models anyway) so you have two choices, connect via component to get your hd signal, or buy a vga cable for the 360 and connect that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Ok grand.. so best would be componant then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Well it really depends on the set. VGA can look better, personally I have an S series Sony and VGA looks better, but I still use component cause I like having my pc connected at the same time, neither are great tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Alright I'll try it out once I pick up the tv then. Thanks for the help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Well it really depends on the set. VGA can look better, personally I have an S series Sony and VGA looks better, but I still use component cause I like having my pc connected at the same time, neither are great tbh.
    what do you mean neither are great?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Have you edited the settings in the display options on the 360 update?
    Set black levels to expanded and it avoids the washed out VGA colours
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/black-levels/xbox-360-spring-update-fixes-washed-out-vga-display-problems-259472.php

I've tried both component and VGA on my Samsung and VGA is best now
    after the recent update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have to agree with you Gran Hermano, I was using mine with a 19" Benq monitor for ages before i got my samsung tv, as as soon as i connected xobx with vga to it i was like wtf? so connected with component and the difference in colors was huge, but the image was not as sharp as it was with vga, with the new update and setting black level to expanded it makes a big difference, colors are still not as rich as with component but has been enough of an improvement to make me stay with VGA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I believe that certain LCD tvs have a different base level for black
    compared to monitors. The update lets you set/correct what the base
    level is according to your tv without having to muck about with the
    contrast and brightness controls on the TV.

Advertisement