Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206. Yr2000; €5000; 58K

Options
  • 13-05-2007 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Starting to look around for a car (it'l be my first). Test drove a Peugeot 206, lovely car inside but the gearbox for some reason felt very 'loose'. Not really sure how to explain it. When changing gears, there seems to be alot of movement and not as smooth as I would expect.

I've been driving the family Suzuki Baleno for about 5 years and its a huge difference between the two. The dealer said that all the Peugeot gearboxes are like that and even showed me a 406 which, to be fair, seemed similar.

Basically, I'm looking for some advice/opinion on whether this is standard on Peugeots and if they are good cars in general.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best thing to do is to test drive a few other 206s at different garages and see if you notice the same thing from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I wouldn't say its a standard issue with 206. As bazz26 said, test drive few others and you'll know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i have a 306 diesel and its a decent car but the one niggley thing is the gear box, very loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Cheers for the replies lads.
    My dad's gonna test drive it too and take it to a mechanic he knows. I'll find out for sure then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Drove a Peugeot 206 before and noticed how sloppy the gear change was too.....I would tend to agree with the sales guy that the gear changes in Peugeots in general is not very direct
    But yeh go test drive a few more and see what they're like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement