Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Cupagain!

Options
  • 13-05-2007 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

I suppose it's a big improvement to be consistenly in Europe 2 years running, but I can't help feeling a slight disappointment that we didn't go one better; one or two moments of sloppy defending of set pieces have cost us dearly....

Still, at least it's a chance to avenge that crap penalty call this year.

But the big question (at least from the media discussion) seems to be whether Berbatov will stay or move on to a "bigger club" :rolleyes:

Given his level of understanding with Robbie Keane, as well as his own flashes of brilliance, the loss of Berbatov would be a huge blow...

Do people here think he'll stay put, now that we're in Europe again ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monvoy

I think Berbatov will stay for next season but if we fail to challenge the 'top' 4 then i think he'll be off . We need to off load a few players i think [Ghaly for one and maybe Gardner and Mido] Also need to buy a strong defender and someone with a bit of steel for the midfield.
    I have heard that we are in the hunt for D. Bent and G. Coupet he should keep Robbo on his toes eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Berbatove strikes me as being very shy - that's why you don't see him in the media.
    He is a God at WHL - why would he leave to join any other English side? I fully expect him to play 3/4 seasons here - unless we as a club fail to progress further in next couple of years i.e. top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Jol said he's ours for a few more seasons on MOTD and I'm going to believe him blindly :D After a topsy turvy season, we still claimed 5th. We're going to be the most likely team to break into the top 4 next season. Players like Berbs, Lennon (not a great season but there's no doubting his talent) and Robbo make us an attractive club. **** selling Berbs, let's see if Jol can get us another one :)

Advertisement