Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Company car and insurance

Options
  • 13-05-2007 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

asking this for a friend.

they have a company car that has its own insurance disc held by the company. he also has a car of his own that is never used. it just sits in the garden. just wondering, does he actually even need his own insurance policy as the car he uses for work is already insured? im asking because his renewal for his own car is coming up. he is planning on selling his own car anyway, cos it just lies there. if he renews his policy, would he have to do it onto the company car? or would he need his own insurance at all?

thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Hi, I'm in the same boat I think, my company insurance covers me to drive my company car for any purpose but only covers me to drive other cars for business reasons. So I've kept up my own insurance for a couple of reasons, to keep the no claims bonus going (you lose it after 2 years of not having your own policy or so I believe), and to keep my open driving so I can drive anyones car for whatever reason. My insurance is cheap now so it doesn't bother me to keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

asking this for a friend.

they have a company car that has its own insurance disc held by the company. he also has a car of his own that is never used. it just sits in the garden. just wondering, does he actually even need his own insurance policy as the car he uses for work is already insured? im asking because his renewal for his own car is coming up. he is planning on selling his own car anyway, cos it just lies there. if he renews his policy, would he have to do it onto the company car? or would he need his own insurance at all?

Keep his own car insured untill he sell it, he can then get a refund back from the insurance company. I've heard of people letting their policy expire, only to have the car nicked form the drive:mad:

Advertisement