Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Adhesive Bathroom Accessories?

Options
  • 13-05-2007 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Can't seem to find these anywhere. . . .Woodies, Argos, Dunnes Homestores, B&Q (their website only so far).

Am looking for a towel ring and t/paper holder. . .anyone know who sells them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't be tempted by the 'rubber sucker' ones - I've had a couple of them and no matter how carefully you clean everything and follow the instructions they stay up for maybe 6 months then fall off. Yes you can put them back again but they seem to 'wear out' and eventually fall off everytime you look at them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

If its the sucker ones Atlantic & Homebase have them but they're useless, I gave up and bought a drill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I agree. Buy a drill and do it right.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Atlantic stock some but, as was pointed out they're not up to much.

If you decide to drill a tile be careful and make sure you start with the hammer action off on a slow speed if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

When drilling put a cross of masking tape over the area to be drilled to help prevent the drill from slipping.

I also tend to take a screwdriver to the spot to be drilled to make an initial indent for the drill to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Thanks - it wasnt the 'screwless ones' that your talking about (that dont work on paint anyway). . .was trying to avoid a drill but it looks like I wont be able to :mad:

Advertisement