Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Square/Round/Pyramid Shaped Bags

Options
  • 13-05-2007 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

Does it really make a difference to the tea or was it all marketing bs? I've never noticed a difference tbh. If it does, surely all the tea companies would be producing pyramid shaped bags?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I've only ever seen lyons pyramid tea bags and lyons is sh1t.

Square FTW.

Yep, never noticed any difference. I assume square would be chosen since it uses up the space efficiently in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

I thought the pyramid was to make it easier to pull out the teabag with your fingers:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I always thought the flavour was better from the pyramid bags...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i like the pyramid ones and as mentioned above when you are making a single cup it means there is no need for a spoon.

lyons of course, it's golden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've never noticed a difference really. But that could be down to the way I make tea in a cup by mixing it up quickly with a spoon rather than letting it brew slowly (i.e. I hate the taste of tannin).

Advertisement