Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want to buy first car, someone tell me is there any hope in hell of getting insured ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

volvoboy, i love you, i think the mitsubishi is my type of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

volvoboy, i love you, i think the mitsubishi is my type of thing

Carefull now!!:D

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

If ya have money to burn go ahead and get a GS300, Im sure its a very nice drive! Sure why stop there, get the 4.0 litre Lexus Soarer ;)
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=534108
    A steal at €5,995

Back to reality... How about a Toyota Levin ?
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=541940

Great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

let us know what quotes you get ^^

ok i got 5 grand on the mitsubishi which isnt bad, emm ok now is there any way to get an estate car commercially taxed and insured like a van ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ok i got 5 grand on the mitsubishi which isnt bad, emm ok now is there any way to get an estate car commercially taxed and insured like a van ??

5 grand? ouch its a good lot

think you have to have the rear seats removed and only allow room for 1passenger or something along those lines, remember my cousin converted a golf to a van, took the 2 back seats out and got it insured as a commercial, could only bring the one passenger though

but would that count as a modification, which isnt alllowed under the insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

but would that count as a modification, which isnt alllowed under the insurance

i'm not sure to be honest, i doubt it, i'd say modification refers to the engine mainly or other performance type parts, i remember he was with quinn, i think your best bet is to ask the insurance company but i know it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That is crazy mate, 5 grand is more than the car is worth. Can i ask what the quote was for a 1 litre car?

Advertisement