Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocking ports for gaming ???

Options
  • 13-05-2007 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

hi lads, i was trying to play dod today first time in about 2 weeks and my ping was 150+ im with last mile, my ping was never great 70 to 100 at least i could play. my download speed is only 512 but i never had a problem before.

Comments

During the hours of 5pm til 11pm everyone seems to be getting unreal pings in games :/ im with eircom and i can only play games in the morning or after 11. i sent them an email and just get the usual ****e about having a virus on my computer or somthing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Operators are going to have to do something about that. I mean gaming is a large part of what people do online along with VOIP which both rely on reasonable ping time times.

Its just not good enough to not be able to use the services you want with your broadband package. Of course with Last Mile, you might not have another wireless operator in your area, I'm using Irish Broadband and I've not experience problems yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SisterCheeba

Much the same here, come peak times both my ping and download speeds go to hell completely. I don't have a major problem with working in the off hours instead, but it's still an irritation we shouldn't have to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

same here when i get back from work at about seven i cant play online ping is so high :mad:. this only happen in the last few weeks whats going on. i am very unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

are you with last mile ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement