Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT problem

Options
  • 13-05-2007 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have BT broadband 2MB. I bought my own wireless router and set it up ok. It had been working fine up until recently. The connection to the internet appears to go down every few hours. I can reach my routers config page. When trying to ping my WAN IP address I get destination network unreacheable from the local router address 192.168.2.1. Somtimes I can get to the WAN IP address but cannot get to the DNS addresses....

Restarting the router fixes the problem. Can anyone say what might be causing this? Is it true that BT reassign you a WAN IP address every so often? could this be causing it.....

Thanks for any replies.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Been having the exact same problem for the past couple of weeks.
    On 1MB BT from Belcamp Exchange.

Restarting router sometimes works but not always, not sure if restarting the router is actually fixing the problem or if the dsl outage is short.
    Router shows DSL connection as "Down"

Logged fault with BT a week ago...no response

Have heard that BT have been having issues with there DNS....

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Is the router just a wireless router or has the DSL modem built in ?

If it doesn't have the modem built in then set the BT supplied modem to bridge mode and let the router route

The Routing table is getting messed up with 2 devices doing the same thing most likely

Or you have lots of torrents! which is opening too many ports on the router

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

just read the DSL connection as "Down" part

check cabling , filters in the master socket and othe sockets been used for phones ? , unplug other phones in the house , does it happen without the wireless router ?

is the connection dropping when the phone is ringing or being used ?

Using netopia wireless router with modem built in.
    Router connected straight from master socket, i've changed cable.
    Don't have a land line phone and don't use the line for anything else

Logs on netopia show " PPP-1 down: No Sync" every time line drops out.
    Drops out every few hours for few minutes.

• Advertisement

thanks for comments, sorry for hijack...
    Will chase up with bt in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dsender

I'm having the same problem - Connection dropping on BT for no apparent reason.
    Let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

With BT on 3mb in limerick.

My connection drops every hour, on the hour. Some nights I am treated to a drop on the half hour also. About 60 second later its back to normal each time.

Advertisement