Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Standing or flat?

• 13-05-2007 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

From what I've read online the 360 doesn't have a great life expectancy. I usually keep mine flat for fear that keeping it upright will probably increase the likelihood of sudden console death syndrome. Whats the general consensus on this?

Standing or flat? 27 votes

Standing
    0%
    Flat
    100%
    Gonzotony 2 toneHelixRobertFosterlee_baby_simmsKanneyAttreubuttsthe-gingStephen PbestytoxofSir Oxmanfifthmik_da_manAuversdave ocGrumPyMr MoonRoyale with Cheese 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Keep it flat.

I've done a lot of 360 returns and i'd say at least 90% of them were kept vertical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I seriously doubt it matters what way its been kept. If its gonna go its gonna go, I would think the majority of people who return them would of kept them horizontal. Not because it make a difference just that the majority would be kept flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It has to do with the disc tray. Apparently when its vertical the disc isnt always secure and this can lead to it rattling and causing it to be scratched. I dunno if that's a load of bullplop but it's what I was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

got my xbox christmas day, had it vertical, 3 days later the cd tray was broken, not working proeprly. Brought it back xtravision changed it straight away and was told what way i had it sitting, i said vertical.

Guy said most of the returns he has gotten where cd tray problems, and all where vertical.

Seemingly the CD tray wobbles, and something disconnects or something inside and you get the cd tray not reading discs.

Keep it flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Flat
    Well i've had mine vertical for a year and it's just broken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Flat
    Awww, but standing looks cool, I've noticed the disc tray isn't hugely secure when I see it. Shaky kinda, only have it 9 days, no problems yet but will have to change it i guess...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Flat
    I keep mine standing and have had no problems - thank god!

And I like the way the Xbox knows if it's standing or flat, the upper left light is always on.

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

mik_da_man wrote:
    And I like the way the Xbox knows if it's standing or flat, the upper left light is always on.

Mik

Cool never knew that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Flat
    mines vertical, with loads of room for ventilation in and around it which is the most important thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Flat
    I have my launch day 360 standing since day one and have had no problems... I'm not worried...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Dave6195 wrote:
    I have my launch day 360 standing since day one and have had no problems... I'm not worried...

now you know you shouldn't have said that! I'd give your console a week after that comment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Van-Zan

I had mine vertical on the ground by the tv, just recently put it flat and put it in under the tv where there are slots for dvd players etc, lasted about a week now its dead. Obviously overheated although my ps3 has been in a similar slot under the tv since i got it and its been folding or playing games since day one with no problems. I hate M$ and their crap hardware.

I had mine vertical on the ground by the tv, just recently put it flat and put it in under the tv where there are slots for dvd players etc, lasted about a week now its dead. Obviously overheated although my ps3 has been in a similar slot under the tv since i got it and its been folding or playing games since day one with no problems. I hate M$ and their crap hardware.

Advertisement