Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't drink any black coffee cept for instant!

Options
  • 13-05-2007 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

I'll conceed that I don't drink 'that' much coffee but I do like a cup.

I also happen to spend quite a bit of time in the states where they drink coffee like water really.

I can't stand it! I hate it with a damn passion tbqh. I find the coffee disgusting and always thought it was just the coffee I got over there.

That is until a housemate brought down a coffee machine. A mouthful later and it was clear that I was well wrong :-/

It seems no matter what I add to the coffee I just can't make it taste any better than what I can only assume to be is some form of liquid tar for lack of a better description.

I'm sure I'm alone with this sentiment. I feel bad tho cos I'd like to be able to turn on the coffee machine in the morning and have a cup but **** me... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kaimera wrote:

I also happen to spend quite a bit of time in the states where they drink coffee like water really.

I can't stand it! I hate it with a damn passion tbqh. I find the coffee disgusting and always thought it was just the coffee I got over there.

That is until a housemate brought down a coffee machine. A mouthful later and it was clear that I was well wrong :-/

It seems no matter what I add to the coffee I just can't make it taste any better than what I can only assume to be is some form of liquid tar for lack of a better description.

I'm sure I'm alone with this sentiment. I feel bad tho cos I'd like to be able to turn on the coffee machine in the morning and have a cup but **** me... :(
    :confused: What exactly is your point kaimera? The country is full of people who don't like coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Check out my guide in yesterdays posts on the forum on inexpensive
    espresso and cappuccino making. Why torture yourself with instant!
    (And if yo insist on instant use Carte Noir and make sure the water is
    NOT boiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's weird I can't drink instant black now that I drink regular coffee. Need milk and sugar to mask the instantness of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

I've bought gallons of instant when I couldnt afford the proper stuff....maybe cutting down is the answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

kaimera wrote:

WTF?

I'm not quite sure your point. Is it an espresso machine your friend brought? There is a substatnital difference in flavour between say an americano (an espresso topped up with water) and a brewed (drip filter) coffee.

If you like instant, then stick with that. Its no big deal, some people would prefer Heineken to, for example a tasty German or Belgian beer. Your taste in coffee may not be refined, but it is your taste, go with it, indulge in it, have instant coffee parties.

Otherwise you could explore the world of ways to make yourself non-instant coffee.

You could try a moka (Bialetti stove top italian yoke), or a cafetiére (plunger thingy), or even go for an espresso machine (bit of an investment that. My advice, grab a moka (a small one for starters), top the coffee made up with boiling water so its not too strong, and see if that tastes good to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

You could try Starbucks. That stuff tastes nothing like coffee :D

I think Starbucks deserves a mention in EVERY thread! :p

Advertisement