Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which AV & Firewall solutions for Vista?

• 13-05-2007 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

I usually use ZA and AVG, but thats on XP. Wondering what people are using on their Vista machines?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

As of yet, many of the free third party firewalls don't support Vista.

I use avast! for the AV as I do on XP, and currently using the Windows Firewall until Comodo release their supported version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

As of yet, many of the free third party firewalls don't support Vista....

So I've just realised. You have to wonder did they make some last minute change that wrong footed the AV/Firewall companies or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think much of it comes down to the new driver model in Vista, and how they will be able to monitor connections. I know for one that McAfee and Symantec threw fits over it because they weren't able to use their traditional methods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ah, kinda ignored all the Vista hype over the last year or so because I haven't had time to read up on it. Guess I'll have to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

BostonB wrote:
    I usually use ZA and AVG, but thats on XP. Wondering what people are using on their Vista machines?

AVG works fine on Vista.

I gave up on ZA for my XP and W2K machines, and moved them to Comodo, but it aint got Vista support yet, you stuck with the windows firewall for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement