Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA somethingorother tonight!

• 14-05-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Is it just me, or has tna really lost it this last month, theres no build up to the ppv (can't even remember what its called) all I can remember off the top of my head is the 3 way for the title, which they'll probably end up doing an insane angle from it regarding the title.

Outta interest would anyone even bother going outta there way to see this ppv??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've little interest in it to be honest. Usually before a wrestlling PPV on this forum someone does a results prediction thread but no one could be arsed to do one this time!

The main event is the only one that interests me. Joe vs Styles should be a good match too.

Overall though I'm not too bothered about it. My interest in TNA has seriously waned. I don't find the idea of young wrestlers pretending to be big stars of the past to be particularly appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I just read the full line-up earlier on, I didn't realise half the matches were taking place. I haven't really kept up to date with them at all recently

I'm more interested in this ppv now though than I was with the last few. Joe and AJ should put on a good match, Daniels and Rhino likewise. It'll be interesting to see how that's done, because Daniels can't exactly be the dominating heel against a guy the size of Rhino. First Rhino match I've been excited about this year too!

Tiger Mask has come in for a fourway on the ppv, can't remember who else is in it, but I think it's one of two X-Division style matches on the card. That's a step forward for TNA, they haven't put over the X-Division well enough this year

The main event can be great, but I really hope they don't use the same formula they use for practically every TNA main event, with guys tapping out and getting pinned while the ref's down

I'll be checking it out anyway, unless I hear some terrible reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think they are building towards dropping the NWA titles over the next month or so. I think they'll prob have two winners to the main event tonight, one clear winner (NWA champ) and then the guy who gets screwed outa the title (TNA champ). Then have both guys fight over the TNA belt.

Oh yea, as regards tonights PPV, the only thing that interests me is what they do with the titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just saw it and thought it was a great PPV. Huge turn around from previous months.

Also, regards the NWA title thing, check out the link. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1J5IUw1d0

Very very bloody Texas Deathmatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Without posting any spoilers, is this being shown on Bravo 2? And if so, when?

• Advertisement

Wednesday, 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Texas Death match was phenomenal. Its not hard to find on dailymotion if you want to see the PPV. PM me if you want link

Bubs101 wrote:
    The Texas Death match was phenomenal.

Haha, that was the one match that most people seemed to be assuming would be awful. I was going to mention it in my first post, but then I started thinking that maybe the two lads would really be out to prove something this time, so best stay quiet!

I'm lookin forward to seeing this now, I hope they can continue with whatever good things they did with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wasn't going to bother watching it but reading some of the posts has got me interested in seeing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Pretty good overall, no better than a 7 out of 10 though, I'd say. They went for the X division title first. Thank God Sabin won this, I really can't stand the other two, especially Dutt. It was a good fast paced exciting match, things that have been lacking from the X Division recently. Sabin has gone from generic face to a quality heel champion, he's made a great transition over the last 6 months.

Maybe Jarrett has realised his role in the company; losing clean in the second match of the night. This is a good thing. Oh yeah, Traci Brooks is disgusting.

Daniels and Rhino wasn't anything special, mainly because I had no idea why they were fighting. Joe and AJ had the same problem. What was the story with Daniels' promo with Sting? Daniels was covered in blood and the microphone wasn't working. The glorys of live tv.

The Basham's looked....like the Basham's. It's good to see them back, I always thought they were decent.

I can't say enough about Harris and Storm, as good a hardcore match as you will see. It reminded me a bit of Albright vs Whitmer, I forget which show it was from. It had that dumb rule where you get the pin first and then the 10 count. It did work well when they kicked out for near falls, but other than that it was pointless. Harris' crossbody to the outside was great, so was the spear, but Storm stole the show. The last time I saw blood like that was Eddy and JBL from the GAB(?) in 2005. Eddy nearly died after that, so that's saying something.

The X Division four way was grand, a nice way to follow the death match. Tiger Mask was ok, but I was expecting more, I haven't seen him in a while. It was cool to see Lynn and Senshi lock it up again.

The tag match was forgettable. So was the Steiner reunion.

AJ and Joe as good as you would expect, but there was no story behind the match, so I wasn't too interested. Joe playing possum was kind of funny though.

The title match was going fine until that LAME ending. Why would Sting tap out when he has Christian pinned on a two count? Dumb booking. Angle should not be champion, it's not the right time and Christian was just settling in as champ. Maybe they will do something with the NWA pulling the titles that will result in Christian getting the belt back. I'll be pissed off otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Double C wrote:
    It had that dumb rule where you get the pin first and then the 10 count.
    That's the rules of a Texas Deathmatch. :rolleyes:

TNA had a Last Man Standing match that used the rules of a Texas Deathmatch, now that was stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

rizzla wrote:
    That's the rules of a Texas Deathmatch. :rolleyes:

TNA had a Last Man Standing match that used the rules of a Texas Deathmatch, now that was stupid.

Be that or not, its a dumb rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It was a dumb rule but I thought that it was the most conclusive match you could have had, I'm assuming the feud ends with that. I was hoping someone could tell me what the story is with the belts? I have no idea whats going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Only checked out three matches:
    I liked the X Division match. Fun opener with lots of action.

Styles vs Joe was a good match. Nowhere near their best matches but still very good.

The triple threat main event was good but the finish was very weak. I've no problem with the finish but I thought it came across poorly.

I might give the Texas Deathmatch a look.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i liked the ppv. the X title match was very good and i really enjoyed the Texas death match in reminded me of good hardcore/falls count anywhere matches from years ago.

Also TNA need to use Hoyt more because he was so over with the crowd like about a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just watched the Texas death match or what ever it was. I have to say, it wasn't the crap I expected. The crowd seemed into it and the build-up made sense (I know that much from the extremely little I watch TNA lately). I suppose Russo had nothing to do with it, lol. Props to the two guys involved, can't be arsed to name them (they were once AMW, weren't they), good match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

good show

7.5 /10

Good ppv, TNA's best so far this year I think
    Nice X-Division match to start with, they really need to focus on that sort of match because it's something they've got that WWE doesn't. They shouldn't try to be like WWE

Texas Deathmatch was great. The rules of the match are pointless though, there's no motivation to kick out of a pinfall, as you'll get a rest afterwards if you don't. I liked this one

I enjoyed the tag match, Tomko's brilliant! I said before the match that I had a feeling that Tomko was going to kick Hernandez in the face (other men do a "big boot", Tomko just kicks you in the face). When Hernandez threw Tomko out of the ring early in the match I knew it'd be coming later, and Tomko got him good. I'm not too sure about Rick Steiner coming back....

The 4-way match, Joe/AJ and Daniels/Rhino were solid matches, just no real story as to why they were there as far as I could tell. The Bashams against Kip James confuses me. Obviously they're portraying Christie as the heel, but what exactly has she done to be a heel? Kip James has been a rude misogynistic prick, yet we're supposed to be on his side? I don't get what Christie is fighting for anymore either, TNA keeps giving Jackie and Gail Kim matches

Main event was alright, then came the silly ending. The pin came before the tap out, and the ref who was actually assigned the match counted the pin, so that makes it even more stupid. I'd rather have seen Christian retain, but I have a feeling the title will be held up until the next ppv

One thing I have to say that annoyed me during this ppv was the way they cut away from matches as soon as they were over. The worst one was when Angle won the title, and the ppv was over straight away. No replays, no celebrations, it just ended. Same after Team 3D won, it just cut away. After the Texas Deathmatch they showed a preview of the next match I think, then they came back and sort of talked about the previous match a bit. Would have worked better if they talked about it immediately after it happened, let it sink in a little

And an Impact
    Seems Jim Cornette agrees with my view, he said that the ref who saw the tap out wasn't the assigned ref and that none of the won the title, so it's being held up til the next ppv

Advertisement