Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stutters and conks out unless foot on gas!

Options
  • 14-05-2007 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is for a friend so it's not my van with the prob;)

Anyway, my friends car has the above problem. It starts ok, there's enough fuel and everything else is normal but when it's started, it can go, but as soon as the foot is taken off the gas pedal, it will conk out. Any suggestions? Is this a quick fix problem or a garage job?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cormie wrote:

Anyway, my friends car has the above problem. It starts ok, there's enough fuel and everything else is normal but when it's started, it can go, but as soon as the foot is taken off the gas pedal, it will conk out. Any suggestions? Is this a quick fix problem or a garage job?

Tesco fuel. ;)

(Well that what the respondents in motoring magazines say to similar questions).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

change your spark plugs and leads. this should solve the problem.

Also on the Tesco fuel comment above. Tesco fuel is actually statoil. Tesco dont refine it they just buy it and pass on the saving. I use tesco fuel on my Diesal car and on my performance car. Both are mighty and there is no loss in power on the performance car also.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

cormie wrote:

Any more info on the car? Make / model
    May be the crankshaft sensor - happened to me with a 98 Astra

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

mik_da_man wrote:
    May be the crankshaft sensor

Agreed, this would be the 1st thing i'd check.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's a 2003 Renault Clio, Thanks for the suggestions so far:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement