Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading video to PC, video and sound not syncing up

• 14-05-2007 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I'm uploading a few videos from my camcorder and on some of them the picture and sound go out of sync. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I've a Sony DCR-HC45E handycam connected with a firewire to my PC (2.8GHz and 512 ram).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

Probably a buffer issue while you were capturing. Are they okay when you watch them back on the camera itself?

If so, restart your PC, and capture them again (not to your C drive, just to be sure) with nothing else running on your PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Thanks for that, I'll try it now.

The videos are fine when I play them on the camcorder. What I also noticed is that it breaks on 32 minute video I made into an 18 minute and a 14 minute, could this also be a buffer problem?

And would it make a difference that the videos are going to an external drive connected by USB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

No - that's sounds more like a Windows FAT32 issue. Your external USB drive is FAT32 which doesn't allow files bigger than 4GB (which is 18mins of DV AVI). If you want to solve this, format the drive to NTFS. You will lose all data on the drive, so back it up first, format the drive, then copy it back accross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    No - that's sounds more like a Windows FAT32 issue. Your external USB drive is FAT32 which doesn't allow files bigger than 4GB (which is 18mins of DV AVI). If you want to solve this, format the drive to NTFS. You will lose all data on the drive, so back it up first, format the drive, then copy it back accross.

You dont have to loose your data:

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php

Of course there is still a slight risk, but generally its stable.

Are you sure that the external HD is running in USB 2.0 Mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Are you sure that the external HD is running in USB 2.0 Mode?

How can I check that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement