Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't connect to 3510

• 14-05-2007 4:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hello to all.

I've got a bit of a problem trying to connect to my Nokia 3510 phone.

I just bought a cable to connect to the phone. It's a USB cable. Think it's FBUS?? Not sure.

Anyway, connected the cable to the phone and then to the computer. Installed the driver that came on the CD with the cable. "USB Data Cable (COM3)" is now listed under ports in the device manager. Everything looking good so far.

Installed demo version of LogoManager Pro Suite and LogoManager Classic. Also tried gammu+. In the settings windows, LogoManager Pro says:

"COM3 is currently open in another application or is in use by another connection.

If your handset is connected to thsi port then you need to first disable the other connection."

Downloaded Serial Port Monitor from Eltima software http://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/ (very cool program). COM3 only exists when the cable is connected and COM3 only appears to be accessed as soon as any of the LogoManager programs is opened which seems to suggest that there aren't any other programs trying to access it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement