Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can give me advice setting up a business?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm thinking of packing it all in working for an employer and setting up my own business.
    I have the ideas, and so on - but who can I talk to for advice? Like what govermental agencies? The County Council? Is there anyone who can give good, free advice?
    Thanks for all replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

your county council enterprise board is the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Get in touch with the Dublin Enterprise Board they've a mentor you can talk to regarding business practices. That or do the start your own business course through FAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

as an accountant myself - i promote our people "the accountants" to be part of your business start-up assistance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

mart_max wrote:
    as an accountant myself - i promote our people "the accountants" to be part of your business start-up assistance. :D
    Coughmoneypit! Haha, only joking. That's a bit rich coming from me, a trainee solicitor!

As has been said above, the County enterprise board would be a good starting point. Don't underestimate the power of theses too. Some good info. to be found. The internet will be useful for market research etc. too I would imagine.

Advertisement