Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artistic freedom by a moron

Options
  • 14-05-2007 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Sooo

for those who dont check Kotaku

this beauty showed up today

http://kotaku.com/gaming/cold-flashes/virginia-tech-travesty-in-crappy-flash-form-260091.php

Now a while back there was a big debate between freedom of speech and artistic and making video games based on socially akward topics. In that case, it was the super columbine massacre rpg.

I cant remember if i commented on it at the time, but I was torn on the subject, I felt that if someone could find a way to generate a unique view on the subject matter via a computer game then great, but if it was just a tried and tested computer game model being spray painted with a controversial topc then I would be less supportive, as it doesnt allow for anything more except for more ammunition to those critical of video games.

So it is that the one that shows up today falls so flatly in the 2nd category that I can say that I find the so called game offensive on far too many levels, and this is looking at it with as little emotion attached to it as possible.

Comments

Advertisement