Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS sensor VW Golf

Options
  • 14-05-2007 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to get some work done before the NCT on my MKIV Golf. I don't want to pay dealer prices either!
    The ABS warning light is on in my car for a good few weeks now. I have been informed by someone who checked it on the VW computer that the problem is the front left wheel speed sensor. I ordered a new one of these, and that seemed to fix it, but the cable/wire that runs from the wheel speed sensor back to the fuse box seems damages/corroded and now the warning light is back on.
    Can anyone recommend someone in Dublin who is good with VW's to either repair/replace this cable/wire. Im pretty positive its the wire/cable, the sensor is brand new.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You could try Hamiltons Autoelectricians. They are just off the South Circular Road. Give them a call 01 475 5157. They are well competent with auto electronics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

crosstownk wrote:
    You could try Hamiltons Autoelectricians. They are just off the South Circular Road. Give them a call 01 475 5157. They well competent with auto electronics.

Good man thanks. I'll give them a call.

Advertisement