Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need new dual monitor rig..

Options
  • 14-05-2007 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

i'm planning on buying 2 new samsung 204b monitors (or another dell 2007WFP) so i can comfortably multibable online poker but my current laptop (macbook pro) only has one dvi output and won't be able to power both monitors i presume.. so i'm thinking of building a new computer solely for online poker...

the main requirments are:

2x 1600x1200 monitors
    2x gfx cards to power the monitors??
    and at least a gig of ram..

after that i'm not quite sure what cpu or motherboard or whatever i need.. it won't be used for gaming and the applications i use arn't very processor intensive..

any idea roughly how much it should cost? or where i should buy the parts?

cheers, nick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You could use the MacBook Pro + a single monitor for dual display setup, don't the Intel macs now support multi-display setup's including spanning ?

If it's the 17" version which according to Apple has a max resolution of 1680x1050 get yourself a widescreen monitor with the same resolution to match.

But as for dual displays doesn't require anything demanding any computer will do like this system from Komplett.

Click customize with recommended options & buy make your way down to the Graphics section and pick the "Club3D Radeon X1650Pro 256MB, GDDR3, PCI-Express, 2xDVI, Tv-Out, Retail " for €35 as it has two DVI ports for your displays.

Advertisement