Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water quality getting worse?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Since I moved to Meath nearly 4 years ago, the water quality in our house has never been great, but its always been bearable. There has always been the odd occasion when the water would come out of the tap with a weird milkyness to it, but it always settled and never affected the taste.
    Over the past two weeks though, the water has been really horrible looking and looks literally like milk. It takes ages to settle, and the taste off the water is really horrible, a kind of earthy taste that you get off vegetables sometimes. Once the water does settle, you can actually use a spoon to scoop a layer off the top of the water.
    What with all that is happening in Galway with their water, I'm beginning to wonder if this could be a serious issue, and should we also begin to boil our water before use?
    Anyone else notice the water in the North East getting worse and worse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Are you on a council scheme or a local group scheme or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Erm, good question. I honestly dont know. I live near Trim, so I would have guessed proably town council, but the truth is I havent a clue. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ExMeath

Archeron wrote:
    Erm, good question. I honestly dont know. I live near Trim, so I would have guessed proably town council, but the truth is I havent a clue. :o

do you have a water bill with the name of the water company on it?

I was recently down in Nth Devon. The hotel uses water from it's own spring. That had a whiteness to it which worried me but it turned out to be calcium deposits...

Mind you, I'm not saying that this is what's wrong with your water, it's best to ask a neighbour if theirs is the same and who the water provider is.

Rule of thumb - if it tastes nasty it may well be nasty...:eek:

Advertisement