Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last nights leftovers

• 14-05-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Morning brothers...

I woke up this morning to find a large amount of left over takeaway on the kitchen table after a very heavy session last night. We're talking chicken balls and chips, with a heavy curry coating.

I'll be heading home at lunch as always, so my question is, would it be sacrilege to throw it out?. Should I chow down for a second time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Was it in the fridge? I've always found that chinese food has an amusingly short shelf life if its not in the fridge or freezer, so at risk of spending a few days trapped in the jax I'd say dont eat if its been out in the warm (or if it has a green fuzzy beard). If its been in the fridge, then munch away.

The real questions is, how did you have leftovers? Surely the only thing that should be left over after a chinese takeaway is lots of little plastic tubs and a funky smelling carrier bag in the sink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

No... left on the kitchen table lying on the brown bag it arrived home in.

The leftovers are because I don't think it tasted all that nice, and because of the sheer volume of alcohol consumed the belly would have been pretty full. Its usually not a problem, but last night it was for some reason

Well then (and it kills me to say this) I reckon it must go to the bin. Better safe than sorry, and you can at least console yourself that you had to waste so much expensive by food by having a pizza in its honour. (a pizza with a fry on it).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

no, i say go for it - nuke it for about 3 mins and you will be grand. there is not better then a cold left over curry in the morning to help clear the head and system for that matter

Well the system is well cleared out already. I think we'll nearly need a round baler for bogroll in the house by the end of the day. The pint of strong coffee has helped perk me up as well.

I suppose I'll have to wait and see how it looks at lunchtime and whether I reckon the stomach is in good enough condition for round 2. Nuking it though sounds a good idea. If I can survive Galway water I can survive anything.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Stky10 wrote:
    . If I can survive Galway water I can survive anything.

thats the spirit :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's actually nothing at all wrong with the water here in Galway, we just want to keep away the jackeens from Race Week. Phase 2 involves starting a rumour that all overpriced bottles of table champagne are contaminated with botulism.

Reclaiming Race Week step by step...

Robbo wrote:
    There's actually nothing at all wrong with the water here in Galway, we just want to keep away the jackeens from Race Week. Phase 2 involves starting a rumour that all overpriced bottles of table champagne are contaminated with botulism.

Reclaiming Race Week step by step...

Cue people injecting champagne into their faces to try and get a free botox treatment. ( I did hear someone say that they wouldnt mind getting poisoned by the dodgy water, as apparently you can lose a lot of weight really quickly).
    Anyway, on the leftovers, if you do munch it and live to tell the tale, let us know. I'd hate to think I'm throwing away perfectly good curry wastage when it turns out it WONT kill me after all.

Archeron wrote:
    Anyway, on the leftovers, if you do munch it and live to tell the tale, let us know. I'd hate to think I'm throwing away perfectly good curry wastage when it turns out it WONT kill me after all.

Nibbled at bits. The chicken wasn't that bad (not good either though), but the chips were manky, so I ended up dumping most in the bin.

And I'm not dead yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Stky10 wrote:
    Nibbled at bits. The chicken wasn't that bad (not good either though), but the chips were manky, so I ended up dumping most in the bin.

And I'm not dead yet...
    Inspirational attitude ... that which does not kill you makes you stronger! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Last night's leftover cold pizza...the breakfast of the Gods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Reheated chips just don't work imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So true!
    That reminds me of Supermacs delivery, the chips are cold and soggy by the time they get them to you and reheating them in the oven or microwave doesn't add anything to the taste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

irishbird wrote:
    no, i say go for it - nuke it for about 3 mins and you will be grand. there is not better then a cold left over curry in the morning to help clear the head and system for that matter
    a woman who thinks like me surely this couldnt be ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

chicken balls will be fine. chips will be gank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah chips will be horrible, but i find that curries taste better the morning after, the flavours have had more time to mature and it always tastes spicier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

How are you supposed to improve your girth if you end up with left-overs!

If you'd been a true brother and finished the chinese that evening you would never have had such a connundrum.

Instead your question would be:

I had a big chinese meal last night after some scoops. Would it be wrong of me to have another chinese for lunch? (the answer, btw, is: of course not!)

Well to be fair to me I was drunk as a newt at the time. I had spent the previous six hours or so getting to that state and increasing my girth, so I have no idea as to why I turned my nose up at it at the time. I don't think its ever happened before.

I suppose I should have given an update. I'm not dead yet after it, and I haven't suffered any diarrhoea like symptoms either. So let that be a lesson for you all. Day old curries won't kill ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If you'd been a true brother and finished the chinese that evening you would never have had such a connundrum.

I'd have to disagree with you on this point brother! If you are able to finish it then I think you didn't order enough to begin with. Leftovers are a good sign that you ordered enough and it even means you have something to snack on the following morning before brekkie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Chinese, with the exception of chips, always tastes nicer the morning after. It gets more time to soak up its own grease and juices. Best served cold, directly from the tray.

• Advertisement
Advertisement