Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warnock

• 14-05-2007 11:00am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This guy is pathetic... blaming everyone but himself and his team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6652335.stm

Whatever players other managers decide to play is their business. Neil, your relegation is your problem, not anyone else's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

all i can say is good riddence. never liked the guy. team was pretty cack too, dunno how they ever managed to go 10 points clear of relegation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I don't like seeing teams relegated, but over a whole season it's down to how the team and manager performs. I can't believe how childish Warnock is giving out about everyone but himself. At least most managers would have a bit of dignity and admit that relegation was down to poor performances and not picking up points when it mattered.

I'm no fan of Alex Ferguson but no way should he have to justify his team selection to the likes of Warnock. Even if he didn't have the FA Cup to consider, it's nobody else's business who he decides to field. Wish he'd told Warnock to go f**k himself, but I guess he's too much of a gentleman to do that. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

all i can say is good riddence. never liked the guy. team was pretty cack too, dunno how they ever managed to go 10 points clear of relegation.

That was more due to the absolute crapness of Watford, Charlton and West ham more than anything else, I would imagine that their combined points totals during the season were alot lower for the bottom three than normal. In most seasons I think they would have been right in the middle of a relegation battle the whole way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

marco_polo wrote:
    That was more due to the absolute crapness of Watford, Charlton and West ham more than anything else, I would imagine that their combined points totals during the season were alot lower for the bottom three than normal.
    Combined total points for the bottom 3 teams.

06/07 - 100pts.

05/06 - 79pts. (Mainly due to Sunderland getting an all time record low of 15pts. for the season)

04/05 - 98pts.

03/04 - 99pts.

02/03 - 87 (Again, honours go to Sunderland for only managing a points tally of 19 for the season)

01/02 - 94pts.

00/01 - 94pts.

So it actually looks as if their combined total has been the best for the last 5 years or so.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I won't be too sorry to see him go. I was quite hoping Wigan would get relegated though, there are much bigger clubs in the Championship and Paul Jewell is extremely tiresome. Mind you there are rumours that he's going to quit anyway so that'd be some consolation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Steve Bruce used exactly the same excuses last year.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

BaZmO* wrote:
    Combined total points for the bottom 3 teams.

06/07 - 100pts.

05/06 - 79pts. (Mainly due to Sunderland getting an all time record low of 15pts. for the season)

04/05 - 98pts.

03/04 - 99pts.

02/03 - 87 (Again, honours go to Sunderland for only managing a points tally of 19 for the season)

01/02 - 94pts.

00/01 - 94pts.

So it actually looks as if their combined total has been the best for the last 5 years or so.

Hmm it seems to be a pretty normal season points wise alright (nice homework btw). But it could have been substantially lower if west ham had not had the miracle recovery.

What I meant to say was that 9-10 games ago before the late West Ham charge the gap between the 18 - 19th placed sides and the sides from 17-15th or thereabouts would have been in the region of 7-8 points(disclaimer: these figures may in fact be complete crap)

I think in other seasons the gap from 19-15 would be in the region of 3-4 points, perhaps this gave sides like Fulham, Wigan and Sheff U a false sense of security.

I won't be too sorry to see him go. I was quite hoping Wigan would get relegated though, there are much bigger clubs in the Championship and Paul Jewell is extremely tiresome. Mind you there are rumours that he's going to quit anyway so that'd be some consolation.

Feeling better now that Paul Jewell has resigned? (He'll probably just end up at Bolton or somewhere though :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Warnock has some cheek to cricisise as he himself fielded a weaked team against man utd this year. what a twat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

redzerdrog wrote:
    Warnock has some cheek to cricisise as he himself fielded a weaked team against man utd this year. what a twat!

do sheffield actaully have worse players to pick from ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

No harm to see him go down. He was forever complaining that everyone was against Sheffielf United. :rolleyes:

He never seemed to want to admit that, maybe, they werent good enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As a Leeds fan I've had an appalling season, but Warnock going down yesterday really cheered me up. The guy just spends all his time criticising other teams and managers. I'm sorry for the players (especially the two ex-Leeds guys, Hulse and Kilgallon), and I've nothing against the team as such, but this might put some manners on Colin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Colin who ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ah yes I was delighted to see the end of that twat Warnock yesterday.

I like many people had resigned myself to the fact that Sheff Utd would be staying up but turns out there is a God.

Anybody remember the games they played against Arsenal in the FA cup in the past few years? I've never seen a bigger moan in my life. Most managers will complain when decisions go against them but he just takes it to another level, and yeah it's pathetic the way he'll blame everyone but himself and his team. You didn't get the points and you went down. Deal with it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

zabbo wrote:
    Colin who ?

Some genius figured out that an anagram of Neil Warnock is Colin W*nker, so he gets called Colin a lot these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Colin wont be missed at all. Always hated him. I dont think they will ever make it back to the premiership again, love it.

I thought at one stage i would definitly hav to put up with another year of him.

Cheeiro Colin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

zaph wrote:
    Some genius figured out that an anagram of Neil Warnock is Colin W*nker, so he gets called Colin a lot these days.

Now that IS genius. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

good riddance to the prat....can't stand his weekly whinge. Feel sorry for the players that have to work with him on a daily basis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

zaph wrote:

Nice one :D

I'd hope if Sheffield United launch some sort of legal case that they never succeed at it. They werent good enough for the league, end of story. They hadn't the financial resources to compete and thus got relegated.

Hope we wont see Colin anytime soon. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

It's a pity that the interviewer didn't ask Colin if he'd had been in the same position as Liverpool and Utd, playing the the Champions League final and FA Cup final, would he play most of his reserves for fear his first choice might get injured? Good riddance Neil, we won't be lost without you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

neil warnc0ck can take a hike,

he is not favoured amongst blues as you can see here

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=887&p=16&style=1&forumId=3055&action=1&replytoid=2118438700

hope he enjoys trips to hull the twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I do think it's harsh, I think Fulham got really lucky, as I don't think they would have stayed up without those three points.
    West Ham on the other hand, after United had won the trophy, no matter what players went out, the result could easily have ended up as it did.

I didn't see him complaining when Chelsea put out a weakened team against him before the FA Cup and CL matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Right, I have no problem with people having a go at someone on this forum. I've done it myself because there are alot of managers and players that annoy me.

BUT you should all know well that there is a difference between contextual criticism and outright abuse.

Anyone who has outright abused Warnock on this forum is on a 1 week ban.

From here on in, it will be two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

as a Sheffield Wednesday fan could I take this opportunity to welcome Colin and Co. to the Championship again.
    Welcome back Lads, we missed you.

:D

i must say i am happy with the teams that went down this year.
    Charlton will come back a stronger team under pardew however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, if they were isolated comments yesterday I'd be inclined to not care, it was the heat of the moment and he's bound to be emotional after being relegated....

.....but it was incessant, every week. It was always something, some refereeing decision, some manager playing a weakened team that ultimately cost them. I said it in the match thread, I'm not sorry to see the back of him. They blew a 10 point cushion with only how much, 7 or 8 games to go? He should be asking more questions of himself than questions of referees and other managers. And, as someone else pointed out above, he himself fielded a weakened team against Man United a few weeks ago with the game against Charlton coming up.

You'd shed a little sympathy with the whole Tevez saga, but I really think first and foremost, they've been the architects of their own downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote:
    I do think it's harsh, I think Fulham got really lucky, as I don't think they would have stayed up without those three points.
    West Ham on the other hand, after United had won the trophy, no matter what players went out, the result could easily have ended up as it did.

I didn't see him complaining when Chelsea put out a weakened team against him before the FA Cup and CL matches.
    I also don't remember mourinho moaning when Sheffield United put out a weakened team against Man United (Which is odd! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

David Unsworth....what a legend. Buy that man a large beer or a fizzy pop.

Seeing the Blunts get stuffed is great,
    seeing them get stuffed in their own sty is great
    seeing them get stuffed by one of their own...priceless

I also think Colin is a very nice man. He should be given a new extended 10 year contract. I think all the bitching about him on here is terrible, hes doing a great job, an ambassador for the city. Ask anyone in S6!

Warnock wants to stay in Premiership

That's all well and good Colin (best nickname ever) but nobody will have you. What has he achieved that would make him a worthy candidate for manager of a Premiership club?

He's delusional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

looking increasingly likely he is going to resign/has already

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6659513.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

psi wrote:
    Right, I have no problem with people having a go at someone on this forum. I've done it myself because there are alot of managers and players that annoy me.

BUT you should all know well that there is a difference between contextual criticism and outright abuse.

Anyone who has outright abused Warnock on this forum is on a 1 week ban.

From here on in, it will be two weeks.
    what constitutes outright abuse?

The fact he acts like a woman with constant PMT ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lex Luthor wrote:
    what constitutes outright abuse?

The fact he acts like a woman with constant PMT ???

Banned 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

warnock leaves,press conference at 11 am,no linky as yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6659513.stm

well bbc have it...

lets hope he doesnt take the man city job - the longer he stays out of the prem the better. even giles said he wont be missed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

what i don't understand , is he said he resigned because he wants to stay in the premiership -- what premiership team apart from Wigan would appoint him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Warnock sorta implied in his post-resignation interview that he had something lined up..."It will be strange taking over another club but it will be great for me to start again." Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Citeh...especially seeing as Houlier, van Gaal and Koeman have resisted advances so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I would be amazed if he ended up at citeh, i know afew mangers have taken their name out fo the hat but i thought they were aiming there sights abit higher, surprised O'Leary hasnt been linked more the job to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

O'Leary ain't much better than Warnock tbh...! Depends on whether they get taken over and how much they have to spend...

O'Leary also held the title of biggest moan in the premiership back when he had a job

Advertisement