Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Crackdown/H3 beta question

• 14-05-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, if I get a lend of the crackdown disc on the day can I download the Beta onto my own 360? I really wasnt arsed buying Crackdown but do you need to have the disc in machine to launch the Halo 3 beta?

i.e go to Crackdowns Start screen to Launch the Halo 3 beta each time?

I really dont wanna fork out €50 (For a second hand copy!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fieldog wrote:
    i.e go to Crackdowns Start screen to Launch the Halo 3 beta each time?
    Yes, this is exactly what you have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fiddlesticks!

Have to spend 50 squids on a game I dont want so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Fieldog wrote:
    Fiddlesticks!

I heard Crackdown was goin for 22 quid on play asia.

I saw that alright but I wouldnt say it will get here in time for the beta (19th May I think) but i can get a loan of crackdown as my mate has it and never really plays it....

:rolleyes:

Just got onto a friend of mine (a journo) to see if I can get a Microsoft invite off a friend of his who works there, she works for Xbox so hopefully ill get one!

Fingers X'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Is there a beta code in the box or does every crackdown disc have the option to download and play the beta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Crackdown is a very good game tho, I'm sure you could get it cheaper than that. Totally worth it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Fieldog wrote:
    Fiddlesticks!

Crackdown is one of the best games on the system, youre not doing yourself any favours by putting off buying it. Seriously one of the most fun games on the 360 to date. The co op is bloody hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

What I'm wondering is if you can take out the crackdown disc after launching Halo and continue to play Halo until you choose to exit.

Anyone know about this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

As soon as you hit the eject button you are dumped back to the dashboard. You need the game to play the beta and there is no know way around that if unless you already got an invite months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Saw Crackdown today for €29 in XtraGame, The Square.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Yeh Vyse is right. I just traded in GRAW 1 for 15 squid and only had to pay 15 for Crackdown in Xtravision today:D

Looks like I got the code, jammy fecker I am!

Happy Days! I didnt really rate Crackdown after the demo, thought it was decent, wouldnt spend a lot on it though.... prob €30 tops just for the beta

Gonna be playin Halo 3 later! :p

@Vyse : Cheers for the observation im nside though, was in my local xtra and it was 50 last nite!

@JM Marconi - traded graw 1 l week for a wireless dongle! No games left to trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

So Crackdown in 30 in Xtravision???
    This new or secondhand? (I dont really care if its second hand)

Think I'll have to make a stop on the way home...

Can you get any more? :D

Cant really man, was takin the piss asking for it in the 1st place, I get enuff free **** off them, oul Mikkysoft are good to me!

(When I take the piss out of em bout being on my 3rd 360 since launch! :D )

Well I suppose I do relate to "Friends and Family" of Ms employees :rolleyes:
    Ciaran500 wrote:
    Can you get any more? :D

Probably all for the best anyway :p I've an exam on Thursday and the beta on Wednesday has the potential to **** it up anyway, get it any sooner and I'd be screwed.

I should really get off the forums and study :/

Advertisement