Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Feedback on Digiweb Broadband

Options
  • 14-05-2007 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’ve bought an apartment in the Dublin area and I’m thinking of installing Digiweb Metro broadband for €20 a month. (Either Metro Annual or Metro Lite in the following link http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp). Can I ask people who already have it, are they happy with the quality of service from Digiweb. While every provider will have problems now and again, overall is it a good reliable service?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Also looking for feedback on this, and how it compares to IBB's for 20 a month.
    And comparing installation?
    I would need to pay for digiweb to be installed, but it is 1meg vs IBB at 512k, and no installation cost for IBB. Just connect box to computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Metro gives a virtually real phone connection, allows upgrade to 3M or 8M just with order (no equipment changes). If you pay for the year Digitweb used to be free install.

Breeze from IBB works OK, but ripwave from IBB IMO is only a kind of wireless ISDN speed.

I got rid of my eircom line eventually.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The thing is, I wouldn't know if I was living there for a year, so it may be a waste. I'm going to test out my friends IBB ripwave to see what the speeds are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

afaik its only the €20 package that you have to take on a 12 month contract
    you can get a 6 month contract with the €34.99 a month package

link http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=90&zzz=hm
    All prices include VAT @13.5% on installation, and 21% on monthly fee. Services are subject to availability and terms & conditions. 6 months contract applies to Metro, Metro Plus & Metro Xpress. 12 month contract applies to Metro Lite only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I have the 20Euro metro package (free install)..

I must say its quite a decent service by Irish standards..

Download speed is good but the 10GB cap is a bit of a pain in the ass....Its not 10GB per month as advertised, they use a sliding window system..

Also the digiweb dns servers have some serious problems so I use opendns and everything works cool..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sliding window is actually fairer for everyone if you work it out mathematically.

I've been on Digiweb over a year & a half and NEVER had a DNS problem. I did find that I got a slight improvement changing from Dlink MIMO router proxy DNS to Clarkconnect proxy DNS.

Your router should have the Digiweb DNS servers and then the GW and DNS of all your PC should be the address of your router. Unless you are using a modem directly to one PC.

Advertisement