Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good place to buy shoei helmet in dublin / online

• 14-05-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking for a sheoi helmet (flip front)
    The multitech looks like the one for the job.
    Does anyone know where to get the best deals on this online / in Dublin pref.

I'm also looking for recommendation on boots.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Try Hein Gericke up in Norn Iron for helmettos. Bikeworld have Shoei's if you want to try them on for size and then buy somewhere online.

For boots, I recommend Oxtar. My pair are almost 4 years old and they are still waterproof.
    I bought them in that bike shop near Harolds X, can't remember the name.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Mountjoy are selling a ton of Shoei helmets with decent discount. I bought an XR1000 for €380 last saturday and they have a good selection of sizes and colours - I'm fairly certain I saw a flip front one.

They are open until May 26th.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭theKED

nereid wrote:
    Bikeworld have Shoei's if you want to try them on for size and then buy somewhere online.
    L.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Was talking to Mount Joy Alright.
    My budget on a helmet is 300 so it's looking like I won't get a flip for that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fluffingtonbaby

I checked in bikeworld today, the dont stock shoei, the can get them by special order. Anywhere else in dublin stock them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I checked in bikeworld today, the dont stock shoei, the can get them by special order. Anywhere else in dublin stock them?
    You following me??? :D:D:D
    egan007 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking for a sheoi helmet (flip front)
    The multitech looks like the one for the job.
    Does anyone know where to get the best deals on this online / in Dublin pref.

I'm also looking for recommendation on boots.

Thanks
    Have a look at http://www.thevisorshop.com/ Free delivery withing UK and the Republic. Good prices too. Might be VAT free too as there is no VAT onm Lids in the UK.

Hi Duzzie, we will have to tell git about this site, id say hes goin mad the other one is down. I am gonna buy one online, i just wanted to try a few on see how they feel and check my correct size. coming back from ardee on sunday my lid felt like it wanted to lift off my head!!! it was only a cheap one though. What lid have you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Hi Duzzie, we will have to tell git about this site, id say hes goin mad the other one is down. I am gonna buy one online, i just wanted to try a few on see how they feel and check my correct size. coming back from ardee on sunday my lid felt like it wanted to lift off my head!!! it was only a cheap one though. What lid have you got?

I have a Shoei XR-1000. A lovely lid, nice and light. Also comes with the pin-lock visor as standard so no fogging..

I think it was Gits rant last night that killed the other one.:D:D

Ive been lookin at a few of them, they're quite nice. I think im lookin for a large one. What size is yours 59/60 cm what size is yours?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Bumping old threads is confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Dub13 wrote: »
    Bumping old threads is confusing.

Bump :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Bump :D

All this hilarity must be tiring, take a week off to recuperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Joking aside, VAT included I got a Multitec from RPM in Drogheda for less than a trip to a certain shop over the border

(not the quietest helmet and can be a bit draughty the best of times, probably wouldn't get another the next time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

nereid wrote: »
    . Bikeworld have Shoei's if you want to try them on for size and then buy somewhere online.L.

Bought a bnib Agv on line inc. post for half the price in BW........;)

Nodster wrote: »
    Joking aside, VAT included I got a Multitec from RPM in Drogheda for less than a trip to a certain shop over the border

(not the quietest helmet and can be a bit draughty the best of times, probably wouldn't get another the next time)

If it's like Syncrotec (predecessor) some window seal along the opening will quieten it down a lot as does wearing a fleece collar. I used to have a Roof Diversion before and this is quieter I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sv650

I'd recommend Cotters in Ballymount. Bought a Shoei lid there recently and the price was about the same as buying from the UK, even though there's no VAT on helmets there...

http://www.cottermc.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I was in Megabikes on Wexford street yesterday and they had some Shoei helmets.

Advertisement