Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda - Where's my polling station?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I moved to Drogheda recently, so next week will be my first election experience here.

Got my polling card today, and it tells me to vote at "Wheaton Hall, Drogheda". I live in the estate, but can't think where the polling station might be - there isn't a school here which is the usual location.

Can anyone help? Do you know where it is, or who I can contact to find out?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Last time there was a porta cabin in place in the carpark of the shopping centre in Wheaton Hall for the council elections.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks very much for that info, I've never seen temporary buildings used as polling stations before!

Now that I know where to go, all that's left for me to do is make up my mind and vote :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Isn't the polling station written on your polling card mine came today and its written on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Yes, all it said was "wheaton hall", with no further details. As I said, I haven't experienced the use of temporary structures (portacabins) before, so didn't know where it referred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi

I am in the East Meath part of Drogheda and my polling station is St. John's N.S. Rathmullen.

I know Rathmullen road but does anyone know exactly where this national school is?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Beside the new swimming pool, as you drive up the road swimming pool is on your left , about 100 yards further up road on left is the school .

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Thanks Andrew

Advertisement