Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I change from Anytime Original to Anytime Extra

• 14-05-2007 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭

My current plan is Anytime Original and I can't decide whether to change to Anytime Xtra

Anytime Original
    • Meteor - Meteor - 9c
    • Text Message (ROI) - 9c
    • Voicemail - 25c
    • Meteor - Landline (ROI) - 32c
    • Meteor - other networks (ROI) - 45c
    BONUS - Free monthly top-up, usually €3

Anytime Xtra
    • Meteor - Meteor - 25c
    • Text Message (ROI) - 9c
    • Voicemail - FREE
    • Meteor - Landline (ROI) - 25c
    • Meteor - other networks (ROI) - 25c
    BONUS - Free calls to a friend

As it stands I rarely make phone calls with my phone and if I do it's never for more than a few seconds. However I know my boyfriend would appreciate a few phone calls from me during the week :D I couldn't give up my free texts for life and most of my friends are on meteor.
    What do people reckon? Should I change tariff? Oh and I have my voicemail disabled.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

well you should definitely get off the tariff you're currently on. the small saving on meteor-meteor calls doesn't make up for everything else being more expensive than the current anytime tariff:

Meteor - Meteor 20c
    Text Message (ROI) 9c
    Voicemail FREE
    Meteor - Landline (ROI) 20c
    Meteor - other networks (ROI) 20c

personally i wouldn't go onto it because i call other numbers a lot but the quesiton is whether its good for you.

with this tariff, if one fifth or more of your calls are to that person you're making a saving. log into the meteor website and click "View Calls". that'll tell you who you've been calling and for how long. you might be surprised to find that less than one fifth of your call time is to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Okay just did up a quick spreadsheet of my calls for March & April. I really don't make many phonecalls at all! :D
    Total Phone Calls in March - €2.24
    Total to fella - €0.27 (12%)
    Total Phone Calls in April - €3.72
    Total to fella - €0.35 (9%)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

fletch wrote:
    Okay just did up a quick spreadsheet of my calls for March & April. I really don't make many phonecalls at all! :D
    Total Phone Calls in March - €2.24
    Total to fella - €0.27 (12%)
    Total Phone Calls in April - €3.72
    Total to fella - €0.35 (9%)
    if i were you i wouldn't bother then. it'd have to be at least 20% to make a saving and even then you'd be saving about 10c :D

just change to the standard anytime tariff so your anytime and other network prices drop. the figure you gave there was for 12% and 9% of cost but since all other costs are dropping now that percentage will probably drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

if i were you i wouldn't bother then. it'd have to be at least 20% to make a saving and even then you'd be saving about 10c :D
    10 cent is 10 cent! :)
    just change to the standard anytime tariff so your anytime and other network prices drop. the figure you gave there was for 12% and 9% of cost but since all other costs are dropping now that percentage will probably drop
    Hmmm maybe I'll just change tarrif and not tell the boyfriend and then I can ring him and he'll think I love him all the more :D
    Thanks for the interest Commander

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

fletch wrote:
    10 cent is 10 cent! :)

That will all change after the election!:rolleyes: :p;)

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Advertisement
Advertisement