Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 - texting people who are roaming

• 14-05-2007 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else have the issue with 3 that when you text someone who is roaming, they get the text multiple times making it impossible to send them anything else?

This has happened to me several times in the past month, after saying to a friend who is also on 3, I decided to call them about it. They still (a year since it first happened) insist that it is not a problem with their network but every other network is wrong and that is why the problem occurs :rolleyes:

They also tell me that I am the first person to report this despite a friend telling me he reported it too.

Could anyone else who has ever had this problem please ring up to report it? The only way they'll do anything is if many people complain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you're not the only person to report it. its a very widespread issue and it is 100% 3's fault. its not the job of every network in the world to change to suit 3ireland.

the problem's been around for two years so i wouldn't say they're going to fix it any time soon. the solution is not to text a network that 3 doesn't have a texting agreement with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

the problem's been around for two years so i wouldn't say they're going to fix it any time soon. the solution is not to text a network that 3 doesn't have a texting agreement with

I disagree. I left it for two years and nothing happened. They are even denying it is their network now. If people complain they would listen but if it's only the odd one they won't.

Not complaining is very much and Irish thing, that is why we are so often left with substandard products. If 3 start to get inundated with calls about this, then maybe they will actually do something for once.

paulm17781 wrote:
    I disagree. I left it for two years and nothing happened. They are even denying it is their network now. If people complain they would listen but if it's only the odd one they won't.

Not complaining is very much and Irish thing, that is why we are so often left with substandard products. If 3 start to get inundated with calls about this, then maybe they will actually do something for once.
    lots of people have called about it, me for one. according to the guy that you talked to, i never called. 3 are not renowned for their fantastic customer care. someone on boards has been phoning them for months about a faulty mast in his area and they're doing nothing. my solution is to leave them next month when my contract runs out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya i had the same problem last summer when i was in lanzarote
    It doesnt seem to happen to 3like home countries
    anyway i was texting a vodafone number who was also in lanzarote and they received the message over 25 times
    only got charged once luckily
    but roaming in spain is terrible (well last summer maybe its gotten better in a year) you go onto moviestar and the network is constantly dropping you

1huge1 wrote:
    Ya i had the same problem last summer when i was in lanzarote
    It doesnt seem to happen to 3like home countries
    well it wouldn't. its only where they have no text agreement with the network. they don't get an acknowledgment for the text and so keep sending it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

well it wouldn't. its only where they have no text agreement with the network. they don't get an acknowledgment for the text and so keep sending it

My hope is that if enough people complain they'll actually do something. Doing nothing certainlly won't help. If enough people complain they might...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well it would be a lot worse if they charged you
    I think they should sort out roaming in spain because moviestar keeps dropping you considering so many irish go to spain... (though this was last year has anyone been there since with their 3 mobile?)

Advertisement