Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick AA Question

Options
  • 14-05-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey Guys,

Whent the AA arrive at the roadside are they allowed check things like Spark Plugs and Leeds? Headlight Bulbs?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Eh?
    They check for faults and if possible try and remedy them. What happened you and what did/didn't they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 meeeboards

Well last week i had a fault with my car and in a nut shell it was misfiring on cylinder 1 and 2. This could have very easily been a faulty spark plug couldnt it? Yet once the AA arrived all he done was start it, say 'Shes misfiring' then whiped out the Laptop and pulled off the error codes.....which also comfirned a misfire.

He didnt make any attempt to sort the problem but instead sugested i get it towed :(

She he have tried? Like it could have been something like a loose lead or dirt on a plug.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It does sound slightly odd but you would need to get confirmation from the AA but maybe they are not allowed replace items, etc. The AA mechanic may not have had spare plugs or leads but Im surprised that (as you suggest) they didn't try the obvious things first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

meeeboards wrote:
    He didnt make any attempt to sort the problem but instead sugested i get it towed :(

If you needed to get it towed, he should have done it himself. That's what they are there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

you're presuming the car has spark plug leads...........most new cars, don't........so unless he's carrying a raft of spare coil packs for every car on the market, there isn't a whole bunch he can do, really..................

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
Advertisement