Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flapjack recipe

• 14-05-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey has anyone got any nice flapjack recipes that dont use sugar or butter/margarine?? Im lookin for a healthy version like. I have honey, oats, ground almonds, dessicated coconut, eggs, sultanas and milk, so something using those ingredients would be great. Ive heard of some with peanut butter aswel, which i have loads of.

Hope yas can help me, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Ive cracked it. Outdone myself once again:D

Here it is if anyone wants it:
    2 cups oats
    1/2 cup shredded coconut
    1/2 cup ground almonds
    2 tbsp honey
    1 large egg

Mix the oats, coconut and almond in a bowl
    Put the honey in a small saucepan over heat until it gets really really runny and then pour over the dry mixture
    Beat the egg and mix in with the oats, coconut, almonds and honey
    Press into a greased tin and bake in the oven at about 200 degrees for about 20 mins, checking every 5 mins until done

Worked for me and they taste great,

enjoy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

p-nut wrote:
    Ive cracked it. Outdone myself once again:D

Here it is if anyone wants it:
    2 cups oats
    1/2 cup shredded coconut
    1/2 cup ground almonds
    2 tbsp honey
    1 large egg

Mix the oats, coconut and almond in a bowl
    Put the honey in a small saucepan over heat until it gets really really runny and then pour over the dry mixture
    Beat the egg and mix in with the oats, coconut, almonds and honey
    Press into a greased tin and bake in the oven at about 200 degrees for about 20 mins, checking every 5 mins until done

Worked for me and they taste great,

enjoy

Really? Do they just taste like birdfood healthy stuff, or are they actually tasty and will sort out a sweet craving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

they are sweet enough alrite, but tbh the toasted coconut flavour does it for me:D

Im addicted to coconut stuff, macaroon bars, cadburys coconut rough, bounty bars, coconut moro mmmmmm.....

But im sure ya could chuck in another tbsp of honey to give it more sweetness tho.

Advertisement