Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Booties For The Missus - Opinions Please

• 14-05-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Ho Folks,

After the missus expressed interest in getting a pair of red boots and sounding her out I bought her the following:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/LORIBLU-DAMEN-SEXY-STILETTO-STIEFEL-SCHUHE-LEDER-ROT-37_W0QQitemZ120103859633QQihZ002QQcategoryZ23441QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

What are your opinions? I think they are quite sexy myself and somewhat elegant too. I'd love to get her a pair in black as they must be the sexiest black boot I've ever seen, but the prices are through the roof.

e1_10.JPG

Yes Yes I am quite chauvinistic in the whole clothes department, but we'e not all perfect!

So What's Your Opinion??? 11 votes

I'll Be Buying A Pair Myself
    0% 0 votes
    Not Bad, Not Bad At All - Just Not Quite Me
    54% 6 votes
    They Are So Incredibly Naff - You Fool
    45% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Personally myself I think they look like something a brasser would wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

have to agree with Max Damage. i've always told my other half to never ever buy me any type of clothing without checking it out with me first and men & womens tastes vary vastly.
    that being said however, your other half might like them u never know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I think they're horrific and oh so tacky. I would never in a million years wear those myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

I think they'd be nice in black.

The red wouldn't do anything for me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Oooohh nooo.

Never in a million years! The metal heel is really tacky!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Awful. Again, the metal heel looks cheap and tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

sorry i dont really like them. mostly because (a)i dont like pointy shoes/boots, (b)i dont really like red on me (c)you paid waaaay too much for them. you could get a similar pair for a lot cheaper if you searched. but the thought is really nice. what i'd give for my boyfriend to buy me boots. there's a pair of louboutin peep toe shoes i really want..... *sigh*
    hope she likes them anyways. we're not wearing them so our opinions arent the one that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for the kind words cacio. Judging by the reaction here looks like I might have made an expensive 'mistake'. Ahh well, we'll see how they look on her when they arrive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Did her old ones finally wear out from all that "street walking", Eo980? :p

In all seriousness though, as you're probably aware I'm not a fan of the thigh high boots myself, but if your girlfriend has the legs for them and you both like them, I don't see why not. Regarding the boots, probably nicer in black alright but sure wait and see how it turns out I guess, if shes into those kind of boots she may well love them.

rb_ie wrote:
    Did her old ones finally wear out from all that "street walking", Eo980? :p

In all seriousness though, as you're probably aware I'm not a fan of the thigh high boots myself, but if your girlfriend has the legs for them and you both like them, I don't see why not. Regarding the boots, probably nicer in black alright but sure wait and see how it turns out I guess, if shes into those kind of boots she may well love them.

Heh Rb, good to see you back. Ehh there was no 'street walking' per-se, just to the cinema and back. Her others are fine, just a bit of colour is no harm!

She most certainly does have the legs for them alright, and to be honest it's more for me than her. But I do tons for her, and she's happy to do this for me, so I ain't so bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Perfect for the bedroom, enjoy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I think that any shoe / boot description that has the word "sexy" in it is just a no-go area. I can't believe you paid €455 for them, dear god! You could so have bought her a pair of Louboutins or something much nicer.

Ahhh ... expensive mistake! She might like them though. Let us know how she reacts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm sure you'll find a thread on this topic a few pages back eo980, they basically split people into two camps. Personally I think boots like those are hawt on women. She's already expressed an interest in them and if she doesn't like them you can sell them again can't you? And lastly if she's wearing them boots she's less likely to wear black leggings, *shudder*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

No way.

I've gotten much sexier, real leather for a fraction of the price too. Those look like wellies with a heel!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm sure you'll find a thread on this topic a few pages back eo980, they basically split people into two camps. Personally I think boots like those are hawt on women. She's already expressed an interest in them and if she doesn't like them you can sell them again can't you? And lastly if she's wearing them boots she's less likely to wear black leggings, *shudder*.

Yeah, I think that thread was also started by eo980, about thigh-high boots. He definitely featured heavily in it, if he didn't start it.

As for the boots, I agree with the others and I think they're awful. You might even get away with them if they were crimson, or darker red, but that shade is awful.

Faith wrote:
    Yeah, I think that thread was also started by eo980, about thigh-high boots. He definitely featured heavily in it, if he didn't start it.

As for the boots, I agree with the others and I think they're awful. You might even get away with them if they were crimson, or darker red, but that shade is awful.

I definetly didn't start it, but yes I did post a few replies in it!
    I should just add BTW that I didn't pay the €400+ that these are listed for as these are Buy It Now. The pair I bought were up for auction and were about €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think those look fantastic. But that's just me it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

She won't be able to wear them out without looking a bit trashy, but they could be good for dress-up and bedroom stuff I guess. I dunno, I think they're just a bit too red and shiney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Laika wrote:
    She won't be able to wear them out without looking a bit trashy, but they could be good for dress-up and bedroom stuff I guess. I dunno, I think they're just a bit too red and shiney.

a bit?

:o

Well just got a confirmation mail that they shipped today and expected shipping is 7 days which ain't too shabby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ashton

They're a bit "Single White Female". The lead character had a pair of stiletto's with the same metal heel.

Her boyfriend was killed in a particularly gruesome manner by having the heel shoved into his eye socket :eek:

So be careful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

I think they're gorgeous. Wear with a knee length (not skimpy) black dress and red handbag - would add a splash of colour to an otherwise conservative outfit. Or wear with corset and stockings / fishnets ...... (or nothing!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

I think they're gorgeous. Wear with a knee length (not skimpy) black dress and red handbag - would add a splash of colour to an otherwise conservative outfit. Or wear with corset and stockings / fishnets ...... (or nothing!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I think they're sexy - best worn with nothing else I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

The-Rigger wrote:
    a bit?

:o

I'm trying to be diplomatic!

Laika wrote:
    I'm trying to be diplomatic!

There's no need to be diplomatic, best to say what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I think they're fantastic but sadly there's no way my missus would wear anything like that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Doctor J wrote:
    I think they're fantastic but sadly there's no way my missus would wear anything like that :(
    Dump her.

That's one plan, I suppose :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

if my boyfriend bought me those, esp. at that price...i think i'd have to slap him. they look very cheap and nasty. *shudder*

rb_ie wrote:
    Dump her.

Wow RB, that's a shocking response from you!! Hehe, what's given you this new outlook? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 morawa

I like 'em!

They arrived yesterday and I have to say they aren't too shabby at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

have you given them to her yet??

let us know what she thinks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

since you said that there's no need to be diplomatic ... they are HIDEOUS!!!! if i was given them i would kill the person by shoving that nasty heel through their nasty eyeball. anyone notice that the posters saying they were ok etc are all men? probably the stockings and suspenders loving types.

• Advertisement

Malteaser! wrote:
    let us know what she thinks!!
    She liked them actually, though wishes they were smaller as she has large (for a lady) size 8 feet.
    anyone notice that the posters saying they were ok etc are all men? probably the stockings and suspenders loving types.

And your point is?????

I do love stockings and suspenders, yes ma'am :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Doctor J wrote:
    I do love stockings and suspenders, yes ma'am :)

Me too!! And thankfully so does the missus!! On holiday recently she wore black stockings with a diamonté seam!

To eo980 fair balls to you for doing something nice for the missus! Dont mind the begrudgers!

And great taste in the boots mate!!

branners69 wrote:
    Me too!! And thankfully so does the missus!! On holiday recently she wore black stockings with a diamonté seam!

To eo980 fair balls to you for doing something nice for the missus! Dont mind the begrudgers!

And great taste in the boots mate!!

Thanks mate. She got them there last week and was delighted with them, though it turns out she thinks they are a tad too large and wants me to exchange them for a smaller size that will almost certainly hurt her feet a little. Women eh?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

thank god your not my boyfriend ;-) I woul dkill you for spending such a ridiculous amount of moola on something like that. no offence but not my thing they have crossed the line from classy to tacky the heels look impossible to walk in and the leather looks cheap

• Advertisement

thank god your not my boyfriend ;-) I woul dkill you for spending such a ridiculous amount of moola on something like that. no offence but not my thing they have crossed the line from classy to tacky the heels look impossible to walk in and the leather looks cheap

I second that, thank god I'm not your boyfriend. They cost €180 as I stated earlier I didn't pay that amount in the link. She isn't a fan of high heels but has told me they are actually pretty comfortable. On close inspection the leather is incredibly soft and of a high quality.

Advertisement