Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mt Leinster Challenge

Options
  • 14-05-2007 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Just a quick question on the Mt Leinster challenge.
    Its on next sunday the 20th of May.
    Anyway ever do it,
    is it easy / hard and do a lot of people enter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

I never did the challange, but I did ride to the VERY top, up to the mast....MEGA steep, especially with a monster headwind (and a monster hangover). Just about turn the gears with a 39 X 25......must be 25% gradient.

Pity the challange does not go to the very top. Nice climb/descent on the route though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

About 60 cyclists last year, but I'd expect that to double this year. Its a big hill, and I'm glad the route didn't go up to the mast. I found it difficult to get the pedal past the top of the pedal stroke on some sections. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kerrynoel

I'd be hoping that there would be 100 plus cyclist this year for the event. They have their own website set up this year for it http://www.mountleinsterchallenge.com.

I also found this site yesterday http://www.climbbybike.com/climbs_selection.asp?CatID=12, which has all the major climbs in Ireland. It would be a nice achievement to say I did them all. Currently I have done 3 of the 14 they have listed so i have a long way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Tales Of Topogr

Tough gig. Last year it was a long drag of a climb up to Mt. Leinster, a few miles...............but when you came around again, up The Corabutt Gap, different aspect..........don't dismount or you will slide down the Hill.
    Tougher than Slieve Maan after 80 odd.........

Advertisement