Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polling Period

Options
  • 14-05-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has the polling period of the election been announced? I have to drive 200 miles in order to vote and need to know what is the latest time that I can cast my vote.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

:D

Polls will probably open at 8 am to 10 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dandesav

PH01 wrote:
    :D

Polls will probably open at 8 am to 10 pm.

I know this looks smart-assey, but I have heard that it's 7.30 am to 10.30pm! :)

Dandesav wrote:
    I know this looks smart-assey, but I have heard that it's 7.30 am to 10.30pm! :)
    Not smart arse but correct.
    I got my polling card yesterday and polling is from 07:30 to 22:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

PH01 wrote:
    Not smart arse but correct.
    I got my polling card yesterday and polling is from 07:30 to 22:30.

You GOT a polling card!! Still waiting. Looks like i'll be voting in the evening like most commuters, :( why can we not have elections on a Saturday like a proper democracy.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep have my card here too, and it is 7.30 to 22.30. Nice of them to consider the commuters eh :rolleyes:

Personally I believe we should now run the election over Saturday and Sunday to get the maximum turnout possible as happens in a lot of the countries on the continent.

• Advertisement

You GOT a polling card!! Still waiting. Looks like i'll be voting in the evening like most commuters, :( why can we not have elections on a Saturday like a proper democracy.. :mad:

I must be one of th elucky ones to get their polling card this early - I feel so special right now :D

And on w/e polling - lets start a new thread on that wan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭The Rooster

gandalf wrote:
    Personally I believe we should now run the election over Saturday and Sunday to get the maximum turnout possible as happens in a lot of the countries on the continent.
    Are you mad?

That'd mean teachers wouldnt get a day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Are you mad?

That'd mean teachers wouldnt get a day off!

Didn't even think about that. Another plus point !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I haven't got my polling card:(

Advertisement