Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

provisional license question...

Options
  • 14-05-2007 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question I passed my theory test today and am having an eye test tomorrow ... if you go in to get your provisional license ... and you are using your passport as identity ... do you have to leave it with them ?

I'm asking as it'll be a bit of hastle to get my Birth Cert just at the moment ... and I'm travelling next week so would need my passport ...

Cheers for any info,
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

is it not likely that your passport will be photocopied instead of taken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

swingking wrote:
    is it not likely that your passport will be photocopied instead of taken

I'd hope so .. was just hoping someone could confirm it :)

If you were to post it in .. obviously you'd be including it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Just call into the tax office and have your passport with you. They'll just photocopy it on the spot and give it back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Stark wrote:
    Just call into the tax office and have your passport with you. They'll just photocopy it on the spot and give it back to you.

Cool cheers :)

Dear gods I could be on the roads in a few days ...

Advertisement