Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie Live on the last word Today FM this evening 14th may

Options
  • 14-05-2007 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Heads up on this.
    You can listen live on the todayfm website.
    I hear the interview will be a half hour long.

Put all your Bertie stuff here by the way,I've closed the other thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭JerkyBoy

So will Bertie mislead us again with this new interview?

Last year Bertie led us to believe in his RTE interview with Dobson, that his "friends" gave him money because he was going through a rough time financially and that their money was to help him out in a time of need.

Yet his statements to the Tribunal clearly show that he was swimming in cash at the time, with more than enough of his own money to cover himself.

This is why this needs to be asked of him in public, and hopefully by Matt Cooper today.

Our Taoiseach went before US, the Irish people, and misled us with his sob story.
    He put that information out there, and now it has been shown to be FALSE!

Proof:
    (From transcripts published in the Sunday Tribune yesterday)

O'Neill:
    "How can it make economis sense or logic that one has a loan running for a particular period of time when interest is relatively high. Whilst at the same time was the sum equivalent to the summons deposit at a lower rate and you don't pay it back?"

Ahern:
    "I was paying off my legal fees... I paid the loan monthly"

O' Neill:
    "Well that didn't start for 18 months after taking out the loan...I know that was taken out in December 1993...In June 1995 you commenced to pay it off. When the tribunal reviews this, it will see a situation where you apparently have 92,000 or thereabouts in cash, of which 19,000 is a loan?"

Ahern:
    "Yes"

O'Neill:
    "And that loan is allowed to run for a period of 2 years or thereabouts?"

Ahern:
    "Yes"

O'Neill:
    "At a time when you have more than enough to pay it off?"

Ahern:
    "Yes...I just wanted it recorded that I had a loan"

He bullsh!tted us in that interview with Brian Dobson.
    This man is untrustworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

heh I see this thread is going to go on like the last one.
    But thats what it's here for.

By the way going by that transcript if any T.D has say a car loan for 10k and they use their SSIA of 20k to go on a foreign holiday or something else then that means that they are untrustworthy?

In other words you are saying there that this is the new definition of untrustworthiness?

We're all fcuked so.

Open the jails and order more matrasses :D

I'm looking foward to hearing the interview none the less,it should be great crack...almost as good as the spin ye will put on it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

What time is it on at?

Well the show is 430 to 7pm but they usually have all the good stuff on after 5 as they compete with 5-7 live.
    Thats a tad inconvenient for me as I'll be working but I'll make a very special effort to hear it.
    The internet I love you :)

Another example of Ahern misleading us:

From the Dobson interview:
    "I also had to pay off other bills, so the money I'd saved [£50,000] was gone. So my friends knew that. I had no house, the house was gone so they decided to try and help me."

This is a lie according to his statements at the Tribunal.

O'Neill:
    "Well, we know that as of 27th of December, that is let's say the day upon which you recieved the 22,500 [dig-out from friends]. You were already in funds to the extend of 70,000 pounds, isn't that right?"

Ahern:
    "That's correct"

O'Neill:
    "Yes. It would appear, if one applied that figure to the subsequent acquisition of the property by Mr Wall, that the figure would have been sufficient, leaving aside the 22,500, to allow you both to acquire a house, fit out a house, and pay off the mortgage of the house as time progressed, isn't that so?"

Ahern:
    "That's so."

O'Neill:
    So there wasn't, if I might put it that way, a pressing need for more finance at that point in time. Given the 22,500 that you were now receiving?"

Ahern:
    "Uh-huh"

So the story he told us on RTE that he was strapped for cash is bull.
    He took the money from these guys and he didn't even need it.
    Not to mention he didn't pay a penny of it back to them until he was caught out.

How can anyone believe a word he tells us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

By the way going by that transcript if any T.D has say a car loan for 10k and they use their SSIA of 20k to go on a foreign holiday or something else then that means that they are untrustworthy?
    He didn't have an SSIA, he got a 'dig out' from his super best friends. If someone claims to be broke and accepts a 'loan' from their friends (which he never bothered to pay back until he was forced to 10 years later), when he is really flush with cash that he later usees for luxury upgrades to a house he doesn't even own, then yes, that is dishonest and untrustworthy.

In other words you are saying there that this is the new definition of untrustworthiness?

I'm not saying he's untrustworthy for how he did it. His bizarre ways of dealing with his finances are his own, especially for someone claiming to be an accountant.

I'm saying he's untrustworthy because he led us to believe that he was in a bad state financially and the dig-out was to help him out of that.
    It did nothing of the sort...he was swimming in the kind of cash that you or I could only dream of in 1993\4.

If you can still claim he did not mislead us you are voluntarily blind, my friend!

@ akrasia

Funny definition that.
    I was going on the exact transcript quoted above which is being spun as a new definition of untrustworthiness.It wouldn't be mine.

I simply can't wait for the spin on the interview.This is great fun lads keep it up :)

@ akrasia

Funny definition that.
    I was going on the exact transcript quoted above which is being spun as a new definition of untrustworthiness.It wouldn't be mine.

I simply can't wait for the spin on the interview.This is great fun lads keep it up :)

You don't get it, Rock Climber!

We are not saying that his statements to the Tribunal are untrustworthy. That is for the Mahon Tribunal to decide.

We are saying, and demonstrating, that his statements to us, the IRISH PEOPLE, are untrustworthy, as they have been shown to be false by his own words to the Tribunal.

If you can define him as trustworthy after that then I suggest that it is you who has a strange definition of the phrase.

JerkyBoy wrote:
    If you can still claim he did not mislead us you are voluntarily blind, my friend!
    Oh I've no intention of circling the same wagons as there was going on in the last thread.
    It's all opinions at the end of the day.I couldnt care less about his finances to be honest.

• Advertisement

Oh I've no intention of circling the same wagons as there was going on in the last thread.
    It's all opinions at the end of the day.I couldnt care less about his finances to be honest.

Opinions??

There are two statements below from Ahern below in black and white that are entirely at odds with each other.

One he said to us, the Irish People, the other he said to the Tribunal.

It's incontrovertable and unreconcilable.

>> I couldnt care less about his finances to be honest.

Then please leave this debate to those of us who are interested in the fact that our national leader blatantly misled us about payments given to him, which enriched him (until he was caught).

JerkyBoy wrote:
    If you can define him as trustworthy after that then I suggest that it is you who has a strange definition of the phrase.
    Well we can agree to disagree on that score.
    He's about as trustworthy or as usefull at spin as most politicians in my opinion which no doubt you'd disagree with.

I'll bet aswell that he won't(he can't) turn down the support of Sinn Fein if, as they probably will,they vote for him in the next Dáil.

Just as Kenny will be happy to take Lowry's vote.

Now if you'll excuse me,I have work to do before I'm sacked altogether.

Enjoy the interview :D It should give ye loads more to write about here which is what its all about.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anyone taking odds on how long it will be before the tears come this time?

JerkyBoy wrote:
    Then please leave this debate
    I most certainly will not leave this debate.Any poster can enter the discussion in any open thread on this board regardless of whether they attach importance to some other posters worries on the matter or not.

Whats more if I catch you telling me as mod of this board or any other poster to leave a thread just because they don't share your view,you will get a 1 week ban.
    There will be no discussion of this instruction on this thread either or the ban will be imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

kbannon wrote:
    Anyone taking odds on how long it will be before the tears come this time?

A parody of the State of US from last night? :p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

is_that_so wrote:
    A parody of the State of US from last night? :p
    I've given up wasting time watching that tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Damp squib of the year! Poor interviewer - poor interviewee - poor radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Only saw this now, is it over?

It was pretty lame.
    Cooper never asked him why he lied to the Irish people last year during his interview with Brian Dobson.

A simple comparison of that interview to his statements at the Mahon Tribunal reveal this.

We have a lazy press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Well we can agree to disagree on that score.
    He's about as trustworthy or as usefull at spin as most politicians in my opinion which no doubt you'd disagree with.

I'll bet aswell that he won't(he can't) turn down the support of Sinn Fein if, as they probably will,they vote for him in the next Dáil.

Just as Kenny will be happy to take Lowry's vote.

Now if you'll excuse me,I have work to do before I'm sacked altogether.

Enjoy the interview :D It should give ye loads more to write about here which is what its all about.

So Rock Climber, can we take that your political affiliation is FF?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

More worrying than his personal finances, which is unbelievable but also getting tiresome:

He said that our congested transport system is a symptom of our economic success. Does that mean that he didn't plan for success or just that he didn't expect it?

stepbar wrote:
    So Rock Climber, can we take that your political affiliation is FF?
    I don't have any.Mind you,I'm not surprised that you say so.
    I mean everytime some one questions the anti berties, they must be FF,of course they must.What a preposterous sweeping statement /generalisation.
    jerkyboy wrote:
    We have a lazy press.
    heh thats actually funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I don't have any.Mind you,I'm not surprised that you say so.
    I mean everytime some one questions the anti berties, they must be FF,of course they must.What a preposterous sweeping statement /generalisation.

Ah, I see. So do you have an opinion on all this or are you just **** stirring? I note you said that you dont care about Bertie's finances. Would that be a vote for corruption so?

Would you like to be banned from here for a week aswell because you are sailing close to the wind there.
    Go read the charter regarding attacking the post and not the poster.

Locking this now.

No more muppetry please folks.
    Final warning!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement