Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else think square are stretching it a bit?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that square are rereleasing final fantasy games on every console they can get their hands on... Anyone else think they are over doing the whole thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There are 6 games being released in the Final Fantasy XIII universe, as well as a remake of III. So ya, i'd say they are a bit. I wish they'd just stick to doing one game, properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I heard that they are going to re-release FF XII (yes FF 12), as Final Fantasy XII International (new license grids with jobs on them or something), as welll as a spin off of XII for the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Yeah there's a spin off of twelve called Revenant Wings and it has something to do with ninjas or space pirates or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

grimloch wrote:
    Yeah there's a spin off of twelve called Revenant Wings and it has something to do with ninjas or space pirates or something along those lines.

that is rediculous... they should really get down to making one really amazing game like they used to, rather than making so many spin off's and making average to slightly average ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

LovelyTom wrote:
    that is rediculous... they should really get down to making one really amazing game like they used to, rather than making so many spin off's and making average to slightly average ones...

$$$ to be made

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Definitely stretching it a lot. Ever since Sakaguchi left Square have been given free license on the FF name and have turned it from a game series to a full blown franchise. They just seem to be slapping the name on to any old tat. Just look at the god awful FFVII spin-offs. Also take a look at FFXII. It's more a continuation of Vagrant Story than an FF game. Even the game director said so himself. I really think they have been losing the plot lately with a severe lack of new decent games and a very disappointing FF game. It's why I'm looking forward to Mistwalkers games so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Skiesonfire19

What does it matter?

Final Fantasy is one of the, if not the, most popular game in the world!
    As long as there is a final fantasy out, fans will buy it. I'm going to buy that nintendo thing so I can buy the remake of III.

Why stop releasing games that are a multi-million income industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

What does it matter?

Final Fantasy is one of the, if not the, most popular game in the world!
    As long as there is a final fantasy out, fans will buy it. I'm going to buy that nintendo thing so I can buy the remake of III.

Why stop releasing games that are a multi-million income industry?

People I'd say have absolutely zero problem with SE sending out high quality titles that are worth the money you pay for them. What really grinds people's gears are cheap, half assed cash ins. AC and DOC being smashing examples of this type of behaviour. (I'm going to include Crisis Core in this too.)

You could say that nobody is forcing me to buy or even play these games but if the fans keep supporting and purchasing shoddy products, there isn't really a huge incentive to produce really great games anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

grimloch wrote:
    People I'd say have absolutely zero problem with SE sending out high quality titles that are worth the money you pay for them. What really grinds people's gears are cheap, half assed cash ins. AC and DOC being smashing examples of this type of behaviour. (I'm going to include Crisis Core in this too.)

You could say that nobody is forcing me to buy or even play these games but if the fans keep supporting and purchasing shoddy products, there isn't really a huge incentive to produce really great games anymore.

well put

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

As I mentioned in another thread, Square-Enix have recently realised how full of win VII is, so decided to milk it for all it's worth.
    Then they thought, 'hey, let's milk all the rest of the FF's that come out!'.

-sigh-

• Advertisement
Advertisement