Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tues 14 May 18:45 vs Riverdeep

Options
  • 14-05-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Boardeaux vs Riverdeep

Tues 14 May, 18:45
    at 3 Rock Rovers

As usual we want to be there half an hour before kick off. It's quite early so you may have to allow for that.

Who can make it? Keep a count. I'm #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm going to need a lift to this.

If Joe isn't available, can anyone else swing by Sandyford/Leopardstown on the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

seansouth wrote:
    I'm going to need a lift to this.

If Joe isn't available, can anyone else swing by Sandyford/Leopardstown on the way?
    I'll be coming from Dun Laoghaire so shouldn't be a problem - around 6, same place!

I'm 2

Nice one Joe, see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

ill be there, i think lepo's there aswell so +2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Me and John will be there . +2

• Advertisement

So that's six.

More than half a team. w00t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there so that's 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

i'm also there, 8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there so that's 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

I'll be there too! 10

• Advertisement

Karl (keeper) will be there = 11

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'll be there = 12

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im out lads, in england today. best of luck with this, another 3 points will see us nicely placed, 1/3 of the way through the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I'll be there - lucky 13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I can't make this one. It starts too early :mad:

Is there nothing you can do Darragh?

I'm afraid not. I wont get out of work in time.

Looks like we have another early game next week too. I'll have to sort something out for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

I'll be there too, plus my mullet (is that 14 or 15 then?).

Nice one lads, the numbers coming to games are fantastic this year.

I think Geoff will be there aswell, so that's 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Final result was boardeaux 1 - 3 riverdeep with Jules getting the first goal of the game

• Advertisement

We’re fairly quiet when we lose eh lads :o That first half was easily our worst performance ever. We lost all composure in the rush to get early goals. That applies pretty much across the board, we pretty much all under-performed which is what makes it so disappointing as we really let ourselves down as we’re far better than that.

Second-half was a different game altogether, but when you look at it they were pretty much a long ball team that only had one really good player (your man in the black and white shorts up front), but we never got to grips with him and he scored the goals that killed us. I actually thought we were reasonably creative going forward in the second-half, and we definitely get more ball on the ground to play with up front these days which is a clear improvement. But we were wasteful with our finishing, and I really think this ‘shoot on sight’ stuff has gone too far. Yes we scored some great long-range goals last season, but now we’re in the habit of shooting from 30,35 yards even when there’s a clear pass on into a free man in the box. I feel that’s going to cost us more goals than it gains us. Fair enough, take a shot if you have time and space 20-25 yards out, but shots from 35 yards should be rarer -the keeper had his back turned for the shot from the tip-off by the way so it was worth the effort but poorly executed.

And that brings me to a point I made before our very first game – if you’re trying to do the right thing but mess it up despite your best efforts you shouldn’t get abuse – though you can expect to be pulled into line if you’re trying the wrong thing (throwing across our goal, dribbling just outside our box etc) or ignoring instructions. I was guilty of breaking that rule with Shay a while back but patched it up with him within a minute. Let’s try not to forget that approach going forward – the last 5 minutes last night can be ignored cos at a time as frustrating as that it can get to anyone. But we do need lads to take responsibility for their actions and take instruction on-board – its far to easy to respond to constructive criticism with the likes of ‘ah he should’ve been covering him’ – if someone is making the effort to suggest something during the game, maybe he has a point, so take it on-board. If a fella is just giving you unfair hassle though you were trying to do the right thing, then you have a case and that’s fair enough.

So at least we know some of our areas for improvement (and I really feel positioning for both attacking and defensive kick-outs is one of the main areas due to their importance in this format) and we can still take some positives from the second-half last night – we do have much more options and creativity going forward than last year, and when our defence has a consistent lineup each week it’ll be solid. Remember, we’re still 4-3 up on aggregate over our last 2 games!

I presumed training was arranged at the match. What time and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

sorry for missing this one, but my work trips abroad should now be finished so i should be ok to play from now on. raring to go tuesday night!

Advertisement