Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Lackagh, Galway?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Lackagh (Woodlands), Co. galway. It's close to Claregalway but as far as I know I can't Bband.

Anyone know different or are there any future plans?
    Cheers,
    Pa

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its a bit high up so try IBB or Digiweb metro

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

I think Lackagh comes under the Turloughmore exchange and this is on the list of 100 exchanges to be enabled for DSL this year. The last update I heard was June(ish).

Regards
    Jason

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

my exchange was 6 months over its due date , get wireless on a 6 months contract and then see if eircom have enabled Turloughmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Im on the same exchange and am still waiting for BB. Ive heard it said on this board that Eircom are in the habit of putting exchanges on their list only when the likes of Vodafone activate a 3G tower in the area.(Which Im currently using). It something Ive raised with all canditates who call to the door, if only to put the idea in their heads that its something people need.

A neighbour of ours knows an Eircom employee who lives in the area and swears that our exchange will be enabled by the beginning of June. I replied I'll believe it when I see it.

Even when it does, while it will get me back playing FPS games online, it will still be woefully inadequate for the likes of Joost. The geek inside me quietly seethes, we probably will be in the ground by the time they get Fibre links out to us. Its just as well we have the scenery out here!

Advertisement