Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuart Pearce Sacked

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I really don't think Pearce has done much to deserve the general praise he's getting in this thread (albeit most people seem to admit that sacking him was the right call). I really like the guy, as I think most people do, and he had a good start to his City career as I recall. But 15th and 14th really isn't good enough for a team like City IMO. With a pretty big fanbase, players like Richards, Dunne, Distin, Barton, Hamann and Vassell they should be doing a lot better. Samaras was class when he first came to City, now he's playing poorly - the manager has to take some responsibility for that. Trevor Sinclair is a decent player, I really rate Stephen Ireland, they have two fairly good keepers - there is no reason City shouldn't be in the top 10 with the quality of the teams around them.

Seriously:-
    Isaakson
    Richards Dunne Distin [Some thug]
    Sinclair Barton Hamann Ireland
    Vassell Samaras

OK, it's not the best chosen formation, but that team should surely be doing better. He's been given decent money and come up with who? Dickov, Corradi, Samaras, Mpenza (that he's been hailed as City's striking saviour says it all)? With all this, that City have just put in - according to most - one of their most heartless seasons ever (no goals at home since New Year???) is just not good enough.

And on top of all that, the amount of indiscipline in the club is unreal. OK, Barton's a bit of a headcase, but he hasn't handled him and now yer man Dabo is off to the police. Thatcher and Ball have disgraced themselves on the pitch - that can't say much for their manager. Didn't Richard Dunne go to the media giving out about the foreign players in the squad recently?

As much as I like Pearce, I don't see any reason to rate him as a Premiership manager - if I was a chairman looking around the market I'd stay away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Due to my lack of internet access I've bben unable to air my views on the situation but finally here we go.

Firstly Pearce had to go. He acheived nothing in his two years and basically admitted this year was a failure by telling the majoriy of his summer signings to find new clubs (Dickov, Dabo, Corradi, Trabelsi, as well as Beasley being sent back to PSV). He also released Stephen Jordan who is is our only other left back with Ball suspended for the first two games of next year.

Secondly it's Pearce has destroyed Samaras' confidence as a player. Remember, this is the guy who formed the best partnership in Holland with Jan Klass Huntelaar. I've seen Samaras play in the flesh and he is fantastic. Think a lesser version of Ibrahimovic - unpredicatable, strong, quick and to use the cliche 'has a good touch for a big man'. Pearce's idea for him? Well let's go one up front and play Georgi out on the left wing. Disgraceful.

We need a clear out of dead wood and that's what we're getting, all Pearce signing's except for Sinclair and Jordan. If anything we have gone down since Keegan left and Pearce took over so the logical step was to sack him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeah Samaras will be an excellent player imo.

Advertisement