Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Law

Options
  • 14-05-2007 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Anyone know the law regarding buying a gun in the north and importing it:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Been covered in a few threads recently sh. Fast answer; read the threads :D
    Less fast, less accurate answer: get your licence in the south, get a temporary permit in the north, drive over the border, pick up firearm, pay dealer, drive home. Your licence in the south is the only paperwork you really need in that scenario.
    There are other wrinkles; read the threads for further notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 southernhunter

Cheers sparks:D
    How would I find theses threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Click on search at the top of this page, then in the "Search via Google" box, type in "firearm" and "Northern Ireland". That should get a few hits.

cheers sparks found some info:D

So would I be right in thinking that all I have to do is get a licence in the south for the shotgun and get a Northern Ireland visitors firearm certificate to allow me to transport the gun over the border.

"Visitors to Northern Ireland from any country outside the United Kingdom, who are bringing with them firearms, on a temporary basis, must be in possession of a Northern Ireland Visitor’s Firearm Certificate issued by Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) detailing the weapons concerned and the period for which the visitors certificate is valid. You should also have your domestic certificate \ permit \ authorisation."

Took this of the PSNI site.Not sure how to post a link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

Took this of the PSNI site.Not sure how to post a link.

Here are the links you need,
    c ya

firearms@psni.police.uk

www.psni.police.uk/firearms.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Applications for Visitor’s Permits must be made to PSNI Firearms and Explosives Branch at least two months in advance of the date they are required, short notice applications will not be considered.

Never heard that bit before :eek:
    If you were to get a courier to ship it South you obviously wouldn't need the visitor's permit - right?

Anyone know a cheap courier that will deal with firearms?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

Anyone know a cheap courier that will deal with firearms?[/QUOTE]

Reilly :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Didn't think of him - he's travelling over soon too for hounds ;)

Advertisement