Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for Apartments/Flats

Options
  • 14-05-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

its in the title really.

im moving out of my home (nice folks left it to me for a while when they moved country) where i have eircom 3mb.

i use xbox live and torrents daily. i know im going to be restricted but im trying to find the best option..if push comes to shove..xbox live would be preferable to torrents.

i have a fear that i will end up getting clearwire and might get a chance to view rte.ie now and again..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

It would help to know where you are moving to as some apartment blocks now come with broadband - Smart Telecom/Magnet/NTL etc

Do you know whether there is a phone line which means that you could possibly get Eircom (or one of its resellers) etc

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

well lets look at it like this..there will be no land line, so i have to try the wireless option.

digiweb..irish broadband? which ones can support xbox live?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Wireless is not necessarily your only option.
    Our apartment complex is wired for NTL cable broadband.
    Its fine for xbox-live or torrents (bizzarely upload speeds can exceed download speeds a lot of the time though). A 3Mb package with cable tv works out at about 110 bimonthly.

Advertisement