Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Don't Girls Do PE?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

uhmm, ever heard of speed-badminton?
    Badminton is very much a sport actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I know, I play it properly after school
    but we have 25 girls sharing one net, so we have about 2 minutes each.
    and we get yelled at if we hit slam-shots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

... grooming? As in... "now girls, let's brush our hair"?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,177 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

phasers wrote:
    I hate it though,because we do yoga, badminton and grooming.

ROTFLMAO. Sorry, I just couldn't help it.

When I was going to school, the girls had sewing and cross-country. :eek: The boys had football (GAA) and soccer. I chose cross country but I wasn't allowed! So I picked chess, instead. In second year I became the first boy to run cross-country. I was soon joined by others. The girls that did CC were good, very good, and there were no showers in them days. Of course, those girls were slim and healthy...

Nowadays, the girls don't want to get sweaty. It's just not cool. They'll find out what their lungs are for when they're wheezing around the place in their 30s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Oo
    Questionable personal hygiene ethics tbh.
    Meh, it's just overtly sensitive modern perceptions of cleansiness that would class my opinion as "questionable".

Another example of this would be the thread in AH about showering, with responses such as "Anyone who doesn't have a daily shower deserves to die a slow painful death".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Another example of this would be the thread in AH about showering, with responses such as "Anyone who doesn't have a daily shower deserves to die a slow painful death".

Its AH, what do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pilchard

cson wrote:
    You said it yourself there :D:p

Its a commonly recognised fact of life.

Nice. It's obvious that many of the people on this thread are guys! Not all girls are like that, in my PE class there are more guys than girls and the guys try to bunk off PE more than the girls do! Anyway, PE isn't really an option in our school. You do it, or you engage in perpetual warfare with our haridan of a PE teacher! ;)

pilchard wrote:
    Nice. It's obvious that many of the people on this thread are guys!

Oh we'll see what you end up doing later in life. Once you marry its all downhill from there. PE or no PE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

cson wrote:
    Oh we'll see what you end up doing later in life. Once you marry its all downhill from there. PE or no PE.
    And then if any kids come...It turns into a cliff instead of a hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm a bit late her....but grooming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    uhmm, ever heard of speed-badminton?
    Badminton is very much a sport actually.

yeh it is. It is regularly the most watched sport at the Olympics, by far the biggest tv audience, running into the hundreds of millions.

Meh, bet those olympic badminton girls will still end up cooking, cleaning, ironing and bedding. Its destiny. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Badminton is a great sport to watch. As for most watched even at the Olympics, beach volleyball(female) has to be up there.

Cant say much about doing PE, only did it about 5 times sincr=e start of 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We do PE for two classes a week first year through to sixth year. It's an all girls school and most of the class do it each week. I'm in TY and we've actually spent many Thursdays asking our Irish teacher to let us have a triple PE class in the sun rather than Pe and irish...

Advertisement