Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry City vs Shamrock Rovers Setanta 8.00

• 14-05-2007 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

After all the results going their way over the weekend, Derry have to take advantage if they want to be part of the title race.

Or are Rovers title challengers?

Game is on Setanta Ireland @ 8.00pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't think we have enough up front to be genuine title challengers, but we'll be very, very hard to beat - a European place and a good Cup run would do for me.

Think we'll get something out of tonight's game though, Derry haven't clicked at all this season and if we can keep them quiet, we might be able to nick it. I'll go with 1-0 Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

dont think rovers are real challengers from what i have seen including beating our U17 3-0 although that wasnt a full strenght rovers either but i dont think they have enough class IMHO

PS. What the fcuk is happening with Derry i havent seen much of them this season what is going wrong with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Should be good viewing for neutrals ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

redzerdrog wrote:
    PS. What the fcuk is happening with Derry i havent seen much of them this season what is going wrong with them?
    In a word?

Chequebook manager has no more chequebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Mc Court nice goal.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Great goal.

Pat Jennings doesnt inspire confidence.

Setanta not helping by changing these games to suit tv, theres bugger all rovers fans there.

Jennings is great :D

http://stpatsfc.com/watch_video.php?id=43

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Setanta not helping by changing these games to suit tv, theres bugger all rovers fans there.

kdjac

Indeed. It's a shame because Derry is one of the best away trips too, and I reckon if it had have been on a Friday or Saturday we would have taken anything up to 800 there.

Derry are playing terrible, bar McCourt.

Dave Rogers, Peter hynes, Greg O'Halloran...:rolleyes:

Rovers fairly solid and forcing the game onto Derry, can see them winning this.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Jesus thats the miss of the season or is it 2 misses in one?
    How did a Rovers player not score there :eek:

Funny tho 1st time i seen a 2 on none fluffed from 6 yards.

kdjac

Rovers playing good stuff and all on the ground.

Derry meanwhile are hoofing everything. They have been awful to watch.

Rovers deserve a draw.

Can I add, Dave Rogers is sh1te.

He wanted 2k off us :eek: Considering Ndo on 18 i woujld hope Rogers can entertain as well as defend and maybe make tea at half time.

Rovers really should get something from this game s Paddy is off so derry can only hoof now.

kdjac

Rovers have a great foundation there in fairness.

Very impressed with Scully as a manager. New breed of manager, tactically aware and likes his teams to be solid and play the ball on the ground.

Don't think we have enough up front to be genuine title challengers, but we'll be very, very hard to beat.

Sadly tonight's game only proved that point. I honestly think that if we had two quality strikers, we could mount a genuine challenge for the league. Tonight's game is one we should have really won and one we would have won if we had anyone to put the ball in the net.

Still though, it's a very, very young team with plenty of potential that's only going to get better. I can't say the same of Derry.

I must say I'm enjoying the banter between Dolan and Felix in the after match stuff.

Felix "Do you honestly think the players of my era are not as good as the ones in the league today?"

Dolan with a blunt "Yes!, much fitter too, I played against you Felix, you were overrated"

Think Felix should be championing the league, and leave go this, if hes any good he'd be playing cross channel rhetoric, it doesn't promote the game they've covered one bit. Glad that Dolan put him in his place.

Healy hates Pats, its been great entertainment watching the repeats when we have been on :)

kdjac

Advertisement