Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

network connections service problem

• 14-05-2007 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Hope someone can help. I am using a wireless connection. I cannot connect and get this error message;
    'The network connections Folder was unable to retrieve the list of network adaptors on your machine. Please make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running'
    Any of the connection icons that were in Network connections have disappeared. My sons laptop is picking up the signal in the house,so that's ok. Mine was working fine yesterday.Any ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Check the Network Connections exist.
    Start - Settings - Network and Dial-up Connections.

You should see entries for the Wireless Network Connection and a Wired one if you have one.

Check your Firewall is not set to block all Network traffic too.

Check in the Hardware Properties that the Wireless Adapter is working Correctly.

Right Click on My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, and you should see the Wireless Adapter in the list of devices. Check it's properties to see if it's working correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Hi ST,
    I eventually managed to solve the problem.I reckon Norton caused it all. I have had endless problems with NAV. All of the icons in Network Connections were missing. The folder was completely empty.The only way I could view a connection was by hitting Fn and F2 but it still would not connect. I disabled Norton and my laptop crashed. When the system recovered from its 'serious error', I got a message linking me to Dell to repair a damaged driver. Downloaded an exe and lo and behold, everything worked. I don't think I will be renewing my subscription with Norton.
    Thanks a million for your help.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jos28 wrote:
    Hi ST,
    I eventually managed to solve the problem.I reckon Norton caused it all. I have had endless problems with NAV. All of the icons in Network Connections were missing. The folder was completely empty.The only way I could view a connection was by hitting Fn and F2 but it still would not connect. I disabled Norton and my laptop crashed. When the system recovered from its 'serious error', I got a message linking me to Dell to repair a damaged driver. Downloaded an exe and lo and behold, everything worked. I don't think I will be renewing my subscription with Norton.
    Thanks a million for your help.

AVG is grand and its free! Lots of problem with Norton apparently if you google for them.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

dub45 wrote:
    AVG is grand and its free! Lots of problem with Norton apparently if you google for them.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
    Thanks Dub,
    I use AVG in work and never had a problem. I will definitely use it at home from now on.
    Cheers

Advertisement