Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sick of cena!!

• 14-05-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

i cant stand him and the sad thing is now he is against the great Khali and he will win again. sick of it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

To be honest, I was sick of him last year and I stopped watching Raw. But he's improved this year. His character isn't as annoying anymore, with all the gay jokes every week. He's put on some matches that were much better than what he was doing a year ago. I'm not looking forward to him against Khali, but WWE is making a lot of money from him so they've got no reason to stop pushing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    WWE is making a lot of money from him so they've got no reason to stop pushing him

That should be the banner of this board it been said so many times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Jmac24128 wrote:
    i cant stand him and the sad thing is now he is against the great Khali and he will win again. sick of it

Hold on, that's a sad thing?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Cena is ok, I think he badly needs a heel turn, but I know its not going to happen, so I get on with it, enjoy the ride etc etc.

If this was this time last year, I would be crying out for his blood, but he has defo impressed me in the last year, so I don't mind him being champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How many of these threads pop up its like every month :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Khali is just fodder for cena until Cena-HBK 3 inevitably happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Am I the only one who thinks Cena is playing both a heel and a face. WWE must know that all of the older fans hate him as every message board says it and Chicago, a fairly mature city, absolutely hated him when he was there before Wrestlemania. But all the Kids love him regardless of what he does. This is genius by the WWE. When he has the belt, the kids are happy, but when he finally loses it to flair (mark my words) imagine how happy you'l be.
    Either way one group of fans is kept onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I have always liked John Cena, I know his inring work is not the best but it's not the worst I have seen, He is great on the mic, he is still over by most of the fans, I would love for him to turn hell and mybe do the rap gimmick again (but I don't think he would get away with the rap gimmick now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jmac24128 wrote:

Because Khali would make such a great champion. It is going to be an instantly forgettable match though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

gimmick wrote:
    It is going to be an instantly forgettable match though.

Oh I disagree. It could be very memorable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i hated cena this time last year but hes had the 2 best matches in wwe so far this year,at the rumble and the hbk classic on raw in the uk,granted he was carried in those but he has gotten a lot better,did anyone see the vault match on smackdown last week with him against chris benoit? he was a better wrestler back then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I've said this on other threads the reason I dislike Cena is that he has held the title for too long and the title feuds and matches are getting predicatble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Predictable in what sense? Did anyone predict he would beat HHH and HBK in consecutive WM manin events? I doubt anyone predicted Cena would be facing Khali for the title. Cena has played this fued well so far (not seen this weeks Raw yet), and yes, he will beat Khali, in what will most likely be a terrible match *.

But wrestling is predictable an awful lot of the time. Very few promotions are entirely unpredictable. This is because Pro Wrestling is a worked sport. if titles were changing hands every other week/PPV, people would get bored and or uneasy about the fact that titles are loosing value with the amount of switches.

In fact, i struggle to think of more than one genuine surprising title win in recent times (World or WWE). Thats Ortons win at SS2005, which turned out to be a disaster. Most others were well scouted by alot of fans.

Whether this predictability has come as a direct result of forums like these and or gossip sites, is open to question, but one thing is certain, Cenas reign is neither the first or last long, predictable title run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

There is one good thing about Cena vs. Khali.......

Khali's already killed one man in the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Klept0

Yeah, I was never much of a fan of Cena, too much of a push for me, some of his early promo's remind of The Rock too much :o

The whole feud with Umaga was just painful to view imo, I always have a soft spot for the whole unbeatable "Goliath" storyline, where the little guy triumphs over adversity, but I honestly wanted Cena to lose.

His response from the fans in European countries wasn't jovial to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm not sick of him since I never, ever gave two poo's about him ever. His annoying promo's are so embarrassing to watch and his striking is like watching a 5 year old playing out a scene from spiderman.

Think Khali is only a stepping stone until Michaels? Think again. Snitsky is being prepared as his next fued, can you imagine how God awful that will be.

Go away Cena, please! Enough is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I'm not sick of him since I never, ever gave two poo's about him ever. His annoying promo's are so embarrassing to watch and his striking is like watching a 5 year old playing out a scene from spiderman.

Think Khali is only a stepping stone until Michaels? Think again. Snitsky is being prepared as his next fued, can you imagine how God awful that will be.

Go away Cena, please! Enough is enough.

I know it's been said a few times but I really liked his heel promo's, I don't know for whatever reason they worked and his in ring abilty, while not being steller was ok. I've not watched much wrestling since those days and only catch the odd raw now and again, but I find him too embarrassing to watch when he's cutting his promo's, it's so bad I switch channels till its over. It's seems to me like WWE are just marketing him wrong (or right in a monetary sense) but I wouldn't blame him for it. He is just getting paid to do a job, blame the creative team behind him instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Sick of Cena? No....I'm terminally ill from watchin him.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slamman

I haven't been able to watch raw since WM .I was sure that they would take the belt off of Cena.I never thought I would say this (and I know it won't happen) but I really want Kali to win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Bubs101 wrote:
    Khali's already killed one man in the ring
    Why does everybody keep saying that. Did he really kill someone or what. He is a really bad wrestler ( I had to laugh when I saw him first come out and attack Cena he was selling the punches before they came near him :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

When he was training to be a wrestler he did a move on another student who had already been concussed but had asked to continue. The guy died, but I don't think Khali was to blame, as anyone who had done a move on the guy could have worsened his concussion

Advertisement